The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Ten for Ten Part 4: USMC Ospreys (MCAS Futenma)

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Ten for Ten Part 4: USMC Ospreys (MCAS Futenma)

Post by Greg »

We continue our tenth anniversary release spree with more USMC Ospreys using the brand new JYAI V-22 model. This package takes us back to beautiful Japan with the MV-22Bs based at MCAS Futenma, designed by Brent Newman and John Young.

Read more here.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Ten for Ten Part 4: USMC Ospreys (MCAS Futenma)

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for this package! This is the V-22 package I have been looking forward to. I have the FS9 Overland scenery for Futenma and with this package I will finally have local AI for the scenery.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok I just put this package in and I don't see any V-22's at my scenery. I have made 30 parking spots for them (with a radius of 50m) so why am I not seeing any V-22's?

(I didn't put the UC-35's in)
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Best guess, you didn't install the scenery folder.

The flight plans for the V-22s don't use ROTM, they use ROT2, so adding parking spots to a ROTM AFCAD won't make them appear. If you don't want to use the included scenery, you will at least need the ROT2 files from the scenery folder, or edit the traffic files to change all instances of ROT2 to ROTM. You will still have problems with flights going to L17B, LZHK, ROFJ and ROSF as those are unique locations also created with the included scenery files.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

clickclickdoh wrote:Best guess, you didn't install the scenery folder.

The flight plans for the V-22s don't use ROTM, they use ROT2, so adding parking spots to a ROTM AFCAD won't make them appear. If you don't want to use the included scenery, you will at least need the ROT2 files from the scenery folder, or edit the traffic files to change all instances of ROT2 to ROTM. You will still have problems with flights going to L17B, LZHK, ROFJ and ROSF as those are unique locations also created with the included scenery files.
Thanks. I did not install the scenery folder because I use the FS9 Overland payware scenery for Futenma. I will fool around with this package more tomorrow. I will put in the AFCAD for ROT2 and hopefully it will match the payware scenery. If it doesn't match what can I use to fix it? ADE or AFX? (I don't have AFX)
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just a update, I installed the ROT2 AFCAD and the V-22's now show up. But I need to adjust the parking spots so they match the payware scenery better.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Any other FSX users not seeing the traffic or having issues? I installed the included FSX made traffic bgls and nothing, all other traffic is gone (normal indication there is a problem). Using current AIFP3.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Victory103 wrote: I installed the included FSX made traffic bgls and nothing, all other traffic is gone (normal indication there is a problem).
The traffic.bgls in the download are FS9. You'll need to convert them to FSX.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I'm starting at RODN, and it's a ghost town. I've rechecked my traffic bgl's to make sure they are all converted to FSX. I still get some traffic transiting the area with one KC-135 actually landing at RODN as normal. Flew outside the 120nm bubble, saw 2 of the V-22s flying, but back to ROTM or RODN everything is gone. Traffic % is normal, somehow a FS9 file or something is playing games. Anyway, Ospreys look good and scenery is gorgeous even with the framerate hit.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

If you checked the V-22 & UC-35 .bgls that came with the package, then it must be something outside the package that visits futenma regularly. Off the top of my head, I saw these during development

MAIW OSAN
MAIW Atusgi
Ikawuni 2016
JYAI Kawasaki T-4
JYAI Kawasaki C-1 & Anniversary C-1s
Ray Parkers JYAI F-15s

And some random navy gulfstreams and C-40 that I don't know which package they are from.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

clickclickdoh wrote:If you checked the V-22 & UC-35 .bgls that came with the package, then it must be something outside the package that visits futenma regularly. Off the top of my head, I saw these during development

MAIW OSAN
MAIW Atusgi
Ikawuni 2016
JYAI Kawasaki T-4
JYAI Kawasaki C-1 & Anniversary C-1s
Ray Parkers JYAI F-15s

And some random navy gulfstreams and C-40 that I don't know which package they are from.
Best utility I've found for finding out what goes where is ACA2005. (http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?tag=aca2005)
Timetable function tells you which aircraft and from which traffic packages, very handy for de-bugging.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Jim, spent a few hours with AIFP and rechecked all my FSX conversions from this year. The only thing I found as a lower case "t" in one traffic .bgl filename. Didn't think this would matter but re-converted anyway, all is good my cocky F-15C's are back at Kadena!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris