The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

A-10 Thunderbolt II

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: A-10 Thunderbolt II

Post by John Young »

I didn't include the F-16 models in the Osan download because they are not my models. I could have asked Kevin and Mike for permission to include them, but most people will have them anyway, as indeed Alan has confirmed that he does too. It just saves a bit on MAIW bad width too.

John
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

I was wondering if Mike and Kevin have finished the Block 40 model but just not done textures for it for release. It would be nice to have the correct engine model for Mins textures with the Osan F-16's being Block 40 i.e. General Electric F110 engine aircraft ending in 0 rather than Pratt & Whitney F100 engine aircraft ending in 2.
Nice repaints by Mins all the same.
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

pslinger wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 02:12 Thanks Steve, as always I appreciate the help. I did find a model Bk50_USAF_Clean_2P in the Block 50 aircraft. This is an incredible package, the scenery, the aircraft, and the repaints. This is an incredible addition to the MAIW hangar.

Paul

The F-16 project involves a massive number of models and variants. Being privy to some of the comms around the project I can say that some aspects have changed as the project has evolved.
It may be that cleaning up and ensuring that each, for example, two-seater version have exactly the same models MAY happen in the future. However, after having seen the changes to the project structure as it goes on it would only make sense to go back and make these tidy up options at the end after each version has been released. Purely because whilst it maybe obvious to spot an opportunity now you can't see the finished picture yet.

This is why I mentioned the option you currently have. I don't think anybody here would want to delay any new versions to tidy up released ones. It is the release model that Mike Pearson follows and I think it is the optimum way managing a project.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Well I finally saw all the AI from the Davis Monthan package at KDMA! there was a FS9 traffic file in the P3D setup (It was the Pavehawks from Kirtland AFB).

Now my question is why would a FS9 traffic file prevent other AI aircraft not showing up in the sim? The Davis Monthan traffic and the Kirtland pavehawks are in different traffic bgls.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's because FSX/P3D uses a different day of the week coding than FS9. If FS9 formatted flight plans are used in the later sims they just get confused, throw in the towel and don't display the AI. Quite why Microsoft needed to change it is beyond me, but, like the Nav light timing, it's been a real pain ever since they did.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I’ve sent the next in the line-up of new A-10 aircraft for inclusion in the Download Hangar this morning. It’s an update to the existing MAIW Great Lakes ANG Part 1 package, released by Desmond Burrell in 2015. The two ANG bases that are home to the A-10s are Selfridge, Michigan and Fort Wayne, Indiana. New custom shelters to accommodate the A-10s have also been added. The A-10s and the two sceneries mentioned have been produced in two versions to work across FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4.

Selfridge ANG (107th FS):

Included is the special 100th anniversary of “The Red Devils” paint scheme applied to 81-0994 in August 2017:

Fort Wayne ANG (163rd FS):

The files are:

JYAI_A-10C_Great_Lakes_update_FS9_3.zip

JYAI_A-10C_Great_Lakes_update_FSX_1.zip

NB: Although the A-10s are in a discrete file, they can be amalgamated with other JYAI A-10 installations. The 4 models and .air files have not changed. The MAIW Great Lakes Part 2 package also contains one A-10 squadron, but it disbanded in 2011.

There are still more A-10s to come, but while those continue to be worked on by others here, I’ll move on next to a completely different aircraft that Ian also needs for his upcoming retro RAF Alconbury.

John
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

The base that was disbanded in 2011 was willow grove
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hello, I installed the Osan package and have a problem with AFD.
First question. Is MAIW_AF2_RKSO_CUSTOM.bgl the same file of the MAIW Osan package? These two files have the same date/time/dimension.
Second question, have someone experienced problems with big aircraft?
C-17 and KC135 disappear once arrived at the hold short node exiting the runway.
It is not a problem of available spot. In that case, the aircraft disappears from the runway, before to exit on the taxiway.

Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If the afcad size, date and time are the same then yes they are the same.

Now if they disappear using the recently released update package afcad then they also do this when you use the original package afcad, can you confirm this?

The afcad only has 5 spots that can take these aircraft slots 81-85. Can you tell us if anything is using those slots when you see the aircraft disappear?
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi Steve,
on the first point, yes. It happens also with the original afcad. Initially I didn't overwrite it with the new one, because it was 1 hour newer that the one in the new package.
About spots, when I checked there was at least 3 free spots of 44mt. radius.
If there are no room to park, an aircraft desappear at the end of the landing run on the runway.
When it desappear at the HSN, usually is because there are free spot to be used, but they are unreachable for some reason.
I've checked the AFD with both ADE and Afcad (Fault Finder) and got different results. Nothing that indicate broken link related to the last exit on the runway.
Later in the evening, after I wrote on the forum, I've notice that the same happen with the F-16. They also use the last exit on the runway. No problem with A-10 that exit from the previous exit.
No problems noticed with taking-off aircraft of any type. U-2; F-16; A-10 and KC-135 taxi to the runway from their spots.
Obviously, I don't have any other AFD for Osan
This evening, I'll check more in deep the AFD.

Regards, Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Which runway did you have the problem on? If you force a runway change does the problem still occur?
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

On 09. This evening try to force on the 27.

Giorgio
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Anyone happen to know which two Nellis A-10C serial numbers were involved in the crash last month out on the NTTR??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Working that Mike, none of the normal spotter sites have the tail#s yet.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

bismarck wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 09:30 On 09. This evening try to force on the 27.

Giorgio
Same problem on the rwy 27.
The only workaround is to open the link D, so the KC-135 exit from link E. Open also link B used by C-17. In this way exit from B1.
The F-16s, turn back on the runway and exit from C.
Can't find other solution at present. :evil:

Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK will have a look and see if I can find the issue.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think I might know the reason. I have sent you a test version via pm. Let me know if it fixes the problems.
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Greg I don’t see the ANG package it hasn’t been uploaded yet John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just give Greg a chance Andy. He has other things to do in life besides managing the library.

John
DKitts
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DKitts »

In reference to disappearing AI at HSN. I was having same problem as well. I deleted all taxi ways exiting the runway and all taxiway designators to, then added back all the exits. I had also deleted the runway link and added it back. you should end up with everything the way it was, but without taxiway indicators anywhere. worked for me, everything exits perfectly at either end of runway. I did not have anymore problems.