The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI UH-1 Huey???

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AI UH-1 Huey???

Post by John Young »

Sorry YoYo, I didn't volunteer to improve the aircraft.cfg. I just suggested from my test that the animated lift seemed too long and for you to ask Mins if that's what was intended.

I wasn't sure if you had forgotten to link the hover-taxi to the lift part and as a result the take-off was only using the FDE. As I said, it looked like the old Stemme take-off method. It's a helicopter. Why do you need a take-off run of 750-800m? What's wrong with a vertical lift?

John
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by YoYo »

Ok, maybe I misunderstood this post :) . I also prefer a shorter take off, yep, for me it looks a little like classic start, vertical lift its present but (what I wrote), it shows up after 750-800m I suppose.

Btw. So does it animation problem, not in aircraft cfg?
Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I read the thread and at no point did John say he was going to improve the fde.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If you want a vertical lift and you are not getting it, the problem is in the model file.

All of the helicopter parts should be linked to the hover-taxi cube (and xml), so everything lifts off the spot a few feet on departure. The hover-taxi cube is linked to the animated lift cube. When the xml triggers on the runway, the whole helicopter rises a further 100ft or so.

You can go one step further and use my "drop-rise" xml that is triggered by radio altimeter. Connect the animated lift cube to a further cube and xml, that drops the aircraft down by the same amount as the lift, to put the helicopter in the centre of the traffic viewer window as it passes 300ft. It brings it back up again as it drops below 300ft on the approach, ready for landing.

I can let you have the xml code if you want it.

John