The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KNXP by Brent Newman

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: KNXP by Brent Newman

Post by Firebird »

There are a couple of ways to do this.
You can either have a copy of the lib and its textures in the new scenery's scenery and texture folders or you have to move the lib and textures into a Global folder, like the MAIW Global Scenery Objects Library, that is loaded before any scenery that uses it.

In my system every time somebody uses a library from another scenery to enhance their own production I move the lib from its original place to my 'MAIW Enhancements' folder which is right next to the Global Libs in the load order.
Steve
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

I'm stuck. I don't mean to be so dense. I tried to follow the instructions above. I moved the Library for the new airport (BYS2) into the MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9 Scenery Folder and Placed the Port-A-Pottie and Canvas textures into the Texture folder and they do not show up in the new airport. And now they do not show up in KNPX either. Then I made a folder for the new airport (BYS2) containing folders with BYS3_ADE9_ADE in Scenery and the two textures in Texture folder. Launched FS9. Activated the file in the Scenery Library.
Restarted and No Joy . . . . I'm missing a concept here or I'm confused on terminology.
The most recent Global Scenery Library installs as "MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9" Thanks for being patient.
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I honestly would be surprised if there is a way to make it work. The port-a-potty and sun shade objects aren't part of an object library. They are part of a catalog of custom models that John has given me permission to use and they are imported into the ADE project instead of added into ADE through the Library Object Manager. They get saved as part of the OBJ.bgl when compiled.

That said, if it can be made to work... MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9 won't have anything to do with it as the objects aren't in any of those libraries. You can put those back to normal. Now, just o make this one super tricky, the file the models are in is KNXP_ADE9_BN_OBJ.bgl, which is of course the object placement file for Twenty Nine Palms. That means that you don't want to go placing copies of it in various places, because... well, that would be bad. What you need to do is make sure that the Twenty Nine Palms has a higher priority than any scenery you want to try to call the objects into. But, don't give it too high a priority or it won't be able to call the MAIW objects. If that makes any sense.

So, what you should see when you are in the scenery set up in FS9 is:

BYS2
stuff
stuff
stuff
stuff
stuff
KNXP
stuff
stuff
stuff
MAIW Global Scenery Objects
<core scenery files>

If it's going to work at all, that would be the way to do it.

honestly, I'm surprised you didn't lose them when you recompiled the OBJ.blg since your computer wouldn't know where to get the objects from.
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Very clear explanation -- it works !

Lined up waiting for instillation at FOB training area under construction.

Installed behind tent area.

Great thanks for the help and new insights.
Cheers -
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"