The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by pietsteens »

Thanks Greg.
Do you have an idea if the Northrop T-38 Talon ( incl. in the MAIW Talons package ) will be converted soon ?
(as they have an opaque canopy now)
Thanks for your reply
Piet
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

pietsteens wrote: 25 May 2018, 14:43 Thanks Greg.
Do you have an idea if the Northrop T-38 Talon ( incl. in the MAIW Talons package ) will be converted soon ?
(as they have an opaque canopy now)
Thanks for your reply
Piet
Hi Piet,
I don't think the T-38 is on anyone's short term radar for conversion.

Opaque canopies in FSX is usually down to a texture issue. Quite often if you add a grey alpha channel to the area of the texture that maps to the canopy you can get a translucent canopy. You can then adjust the grey level to achieve the level of transparency you want.

Take a look at the FSX textures for the FS9 Tornado and Typhoon to see what I mean.

If you can get the textures adjusted it may hold you over until someone does the full conversion.

Gavin
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

Thanks Gavin
How do I add a grey alpha channel ? Can that be downloaded ?
thanks
Piet
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

sorry Gavin to bather you agan, but if I look at these textures, I only see 2 textures that s all. Can you explain me what to do exactly
please. I will appreciate it very much to get this fixed.
thank you
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Piet,
this is kind of going off track for this forum but...
The alpha channel is part of the texture format, if you import the texture into a good quality paint program like Photoshop you can see the alpha channel as a separate component of the image.

I would guess that the 2 textures are the main texture and the lightmap. The main texture is the one you need, I assume that its name ends in _t.bmp. You need to import this into your photo editor, identify the area of the texture that is the canopy and then paint that area grey on the alpha channel layer in the paint program.

If you do a search on the internet there are lots of tutorials about manipulating alpha channels.

Gavin
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

Thank you very much Gavin. I appreciate this very much !
In the meantime, I ve noticed, that the canopy is not always opaque, it depends
Of the angle I look at it. But I will try to get it fixed like you wrote.
Piet
USNCapt2003
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by USNCapt2003 »

Long time since I have been here. Fantastic work on all the conversion pakages but need help.
I installed the F-35 series and the conversion for the Hornets. I also installed the fsx update to Pax River.
Ever since I am getting runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call. Crash please anyone have any ideas?
For note I have never had this problem until I made the above changes
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by hschuit »

USNCapt2003, if you open your Windows Event Viewer, do you see errors with visualfx.dll ? If that is the case, the problem is caused by an fx file. My guess is that your fx_dummy.fx file is the cause of the problem. Find that file in your sim Effects folder and block it out by changing the name to fx_dummy.fx.BAK.

Please let me know if this solves the crashes, I have seen a report from a BAe Hawk user with the same issue so it would be nice if we can help him too.

Thanks, Henk.
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

Is there anything in the works for the F-15's?
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

md11driver44 wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 22:08 Is there anything in the works for the F-15's?
John Young has created a whole family of native FSX format F-15s.

You can find them in the library here.

Gavin
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

After looking at my question I wanted to clarify what I was looking for. I am looking to see if there is anything in the works for the NBAI F-15's for the WCANG? I have found some F-15's but I am wondering if there was anything talked about of these AI Aircraft.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

WCANG?? Never heard of that unit. It is what Gavin said, for FSX/P3D, the JYAI models are perfect so no one on the conversion team has signed up to convert the old NBAI models. If you go to the Owls Nest Military AI Reference you can find the repaints which have been made for JYAI (and FS9 NBAI or KRAI) F-15's:

http://www.owlsnest.eu

Henk.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

WCANG = West Coast Air National Guard units that were combined into a single package: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... -coast-ang
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

RKE, thanks for clarifying that acronym. So the request is for the 142nd FW & 173rd FW, Oregon ANG. There are no JYAI F-15 paints done yet for those units but there is an excellent paintkit available for these models.

BTW: The FS9 "WCANG" package reflects the order of battle of about 10 years ago, many of the serials have been swapped and the 144th FW CA ANG F-15's are missing (they flew F-16's back then).

Henk.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Yeah, what I've been doing is using the paintkit to create some very basic paints for the different F-15 squadrons (basically the paintkit with the 'default' unit logos turned off and the appropriate tail code painted on the tail), and then matched the title= sections in the JYAI aircraft.cfg to those from the NBAI fltsim sections. John didn't quite create as many loadout variations as Nick, but I can live with that as long as it at least puts the F-15 in my sim.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

RKE wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 08:42 WCANG = West Coast Air National Guard units that were combined into a single package: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... -coast-ang
Hi,
I did repaints of the Oregon ANG F-15 units for Johns model. I'm no artist and did them for my own use but you are welcome to them if that helps.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmOrUMU7XnTMhFAa3IxIE5pbljJH

Gavin
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

And Thank You! Work well with Mark's OR ANG special Eagle.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

I have added the new "Mountain Home" AI Aircraft to my FSX and set my perimeters to 100% for traffic but I still do not see any aircraft. I am using the new FSX aircraft so is there something else I need to be doing?
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

md11driver44 wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 23:24 I have added the new "Mountain Home" AI Aircraft to my FSX and set my perimeters to 100% for traffic but I still do not see any aircraft. I am using the new FSX aircraft so is there something else I need to be doing?
Did you install a traffic file? assuming yes - if you import the traffic file into AIFP does it show that the aircraft being called for in the traffic file exist?

Gavin
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

Yes on everything.