The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Post by Manschy »

I will have to check how quickly RAF Brüggen for FSX will be viable. Most of the objects are compatible for FSX but are compiled into P3Dv4.5 format.
Regards, Manfred.
Mariuszp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mariuszp »

Thank you very much, I was on this Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Store page but there are so many versions to buy and license here, I don't know which one to choose? Please tell me which version should I purchase and which license? Please note that I am a regular user and I am not a Developer and advanced creator in creating objects, I only use the simulator to perform flights. Please help with the purchase !!!! Best Regards Mariusz :smt007 :smt005 :lol: :smt006
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

I would recommend simply the latest version, P3Dv5.1 with all latest hotfixes. Precisely because you don't own any P3D so far, buying earlier versions like P3Dv4 or older will make no sense at all.
P3Dv5 seems to run very stable meanwhile and all MAIW aircraft seem to work too. Bear in mind that you also have to buy some more needful addons for mesh and landscapes (like ORBX Landclass Europe/Germany North in case of RAF Brüggen) to make the world look much more real. A naked P3Dv5 still from out of the box will disappoint you for sure, it is the same like FSX those days.
Regards, Manfred.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Think of Prepar3D (or P3D) as an updated and expanded version of FSX - I mean, that's basically what it is.

As for licenses, pick the Academic license. It'll give you a small watermark text in the top-right part of the window, but it's barely noticable.

@Manfred, many thanks for your labour of love. Due to some weird ISP issues I haven't been able to post at MAIW for well over a year, so I've had to follow this and other projects from the sidelines :D
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you, RKE (what's your name, mate)?

Mariusz, I can confirm RKE's post. At this stage, you have only two possibilities to decide in my opinion:
- Buy MSFS which comes with increadible real visual improvement. No other flightsim can reach this visual quality. Cons: You have no reasonable military AI, currently you have extremly annoying updates with massive consequences of reworking all your already installed addons each time. Because of the MS philosophy, basic military aircraft like F-18 are missing as well as military airbases which are only green grass areas, furthermore they have no helicopters until now.
- Buy P3Dv5 which only has good (visual) quality after buying appropriate addons. Pros: Half the price of MSFS, you don't have to be online to sim, you can decide which region of the world you would like to use and therefore, you can buy your detailed landclass and sceneries of your choice.
Almost all military aircraft and helicopter are useable in P3Dv5, many of legacy sceneries you had installed in FSX are suitable in P3Dv5.
It depends on your preferences you have - if you like to fly with small aircraft like Cessna or GA to explore the "real" world, MSFS will be a good choice.
If you like to use military aircraft and AI with tons of military airbases, I would recommend P3D. As matters stand now, I would buy P3Dv5 because of the academic licence price, half of the MSFS price. Maybe in 4 to 5 years, I can imagine that when many aircraft, AI and sceneries will be added to MSFS I will change. But not until MAIW will do the step. I am happy with my P3D....
Regards, Manfred.
Mariuszp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mariuszp »

Thank you very much for the information and help in making me aware of the purchase of PREPAE3D. I am still comparing the Academic License for US $ 59.95 or Professional License for US $ 199.00. Best Regards Mariusz :-D :lol: :smt023
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

There is no reason I can think of for a private individual to buy the Professional licence for P3D. Essentially, it adds some tools useful for instructors in an educational environment - P3D is aimed squarely at military training in its higher licence forms. From a flight sim enthusiast's pov, the Pro licence adds very little functionality for the extra £140. If you have a full cockpit simulator with an instructor's station, of course, it may be worth it!
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

hey manschy just wondering where the xml file is in the sode subfolder is?
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Normally, you will find both here:

c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

called "ETUR_seasons.xml" and "ETUR_animations.xml".
Regards, Manfred.
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

i cant seem to find it manfred. ive also tried to create an xml folder but no luck. i think its because i have not got a program data folder ive only got a program files x86 folder
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Have you actually installed SODE?
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

yes
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

tornado3367 wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 17:52 i cant seem to find it manfred. ive also tried to create an xml folder but no luck. i think its because i have not got a program data folder ive only got a program files x86 folder
You must have a Program data folder, but you need to activate 'view hidden files and folders' to see it.
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

thanks tim its working now.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Cool you got sorted it out! Thank you for let us know.
Regards, Manfred.