The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin

Post by Joecoastie »

Chris, I haven't installed Dan's scenery yet, there's the freeware ORBX PADQ Kodiak scenery. Will have to
deactivate it.
The other ORBX stuff that covers Kodiak that may affect would be Open Land Class North America
and maybe Vector and Global Base.
I'll install later today and check back later as I have to go out with the chain saw and get rid of some offending trees.

Joe
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks again Joe, just figured that out as I bought ORBX Socal and I'm having issues after turning off the ORBX airports for my normal MAIW AFDs, trees everywhere.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

You need to make sure the MAIW airfields are above the Orbx entries in the scenery library. Orbx Central can help you automate that process. If you’re still getting problems, doing a search in Orbx to catch and turn off all of the relevant files for the airfield may be necessary. It took me a while for SoCal, but I got there in the end!
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Dan & Chris,
Got CGAS Kodiak installed and Dan, it looks very good ! I made a couple of little changes so it would work in P3Dv3 along with ORBX Global and Vector.
First I removed the freeware ORBX PADQ (and backed up the ORBX).
Then ran the AFCADS for PADQ and ADQ through ADE to make them P3D compatible.
Went to PADQ to watch the action. There was some soft 'concrete' on the helo AFCAD :shock: , so I raised the altitude of the helo AFCAD to within 0.1 feet/foot(?) of the main AFCAD.

There were a couple of 'cosmetic' changes I made for myself. The pier was up on land due to the ORBX scenery (Vector and Global). So I got a "working party" together and moved it down to the water. :lol:
I removed one of the old 378' cutters. I left the Cutter Munro, as it is still homeported in Kodiak. I added a visit from one of the new 418' National Security Cutters - WMSl 751 Waesche and a 110' cutter visits from Homer, AK once a week.

A very nice package, Dan. Thanks !
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Joe, thanks for all the work on this.

I am looking at the converted USCG MH-65, which I have downloaded and installed - do we just do our own flightplans, or is there another one that you recommend?

Update: OK I saw the Barbers Point and Kodiak packages, so that answers my question for those stations. Any others? Again, appreciate all the work and expertise that went into all this.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

For SFO and San Diego, obviously there are some amazing payware options out there, which I am sure many of us already have. Was thinking about just whipping up a simple AFCAD just for heli ops, to fit into these places - so that the sim treats it as a stand-alone destination.