The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Post by gavinc »

Martin,
I'm trying to install on a new PC and so I downloaded the latest version both from your site and here. It appears that the zip is corrupt because I am unable to extract the AIAE-Setup.exe file. Using the default tool in Windows 10 I get a "Unexpected Error" and using 7Zip I get a "Unsupported compression method" error.

I have downloaded the zip file a couple of times from both sites.

Gavin
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello

After a HDD crash I've re-installed all my FS9. I've just installed AI Aircraft Editor too. But I've a problem. The aircraft don't appea in the General View window. I already have this issue in the past but don't remember the solution to solve it.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks a lot.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just seen the two posts here.

Gavin,
I just downloaded the zip on this website and can confirm that I also get the issue that you see. Until Martin notices this and fixes it I can offer a zip that is fine. It is v 3.1.0.0 but once installed you should be offered the update.
PM me with an address if this would help you out.

Foufure,
Can you post a pic of the issue that you are seeing. I can't recall that issue. Check that you have the latest version of .Net installed as the proggy does rely on that.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Firebird wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 14:36 Foufure,
Can you post a pic of the issue that you are seeing. I can't recall that issue. Check that you have the latest version of .Net installed as the proggy does rely on that.
Hello,

The .NET installed on my PC is the 4.8 (the last version)

I've find the "error". I've remove the "Use complexe shade". All is correct now.

Thanks a lot.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Firebird wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 14:36 Just seen the two posts here.

Gavin,
I just downloaded the zip on this website and can confirm that I also get the issue that you see. Until Martin notices this and fixes it I can offer a zip that is fine. It is v 3.1.0.0 but once installed you should be offered the update.
PM me with an address if this would help you out.
Thanks Steve,
I had it installed on another PC and so I just copied the directory across and it seems to work fine.

Still hopefully Martin can find the time to fix the issue for others (but I know he is really busy at the moment).

Gavin
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad you guys are now OK.

Gavin, sorry it took me so long to see this.

Foufure, I just checked mine and it has complex shader on. Maybe its a graphics card or driver issue that prevents it not working for you.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

I have released a new version today. I finally succeeded to have the renumbering working as I envisioned it. A good friend was giving me some help and now the code shines :mrgreen:

The concept is like this:

top headers stay as is
the fltsim sections are numbered and ordered as sorted in the grid
after the fltsim sections, general, flights and effects follow
below that all other existing sections in alphabetical order

I hope you can make use of that, I certainly always wanted it like this.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by gapeters »

Tried it today and it worked like a charm! Usually had used the ole flightsim renumber program but that never likes headers.

Thanks

Greg
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Post by gsnde »

Great to hear. Also if you sort the grid by clicking on the column headers and renumber afterwards, the sections will be rearranged in the aircraft.cfg.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

gsnde wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 11:52 I have released a new version today. I finally succeeded to have the renumbering working as I envisioned it. A good friend was giving me some help and now the code shines :mrgreen:

The concept is like this:

top headers stay as is
the fltsim sections are numbered and ordered as sorted in the grid
after the fltsim sections, general, flights and effects follow
below that all other existing sections in alphabetical order

I hope you can make use of that, I certainly always wanted it like this.
Can you post a link for the download? I can't seem to find it.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

You find the tool here in the download center, on my website and on AVSim. Download and update to the new version will be offered when you run the program.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Martin, I wonder if it would be possible to make an option of sorts (maybe a switch or checkbox somewhere), so that when sorting the fltsim sections come last, after all the other sections. It would be more convenient when adding new aircraft.

Take care -

Jorgen
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Jorgen.

That should be possible and it also make sense. I have put it on the wish list. It might be some time before I can even start to look at it though. I am still down under with real life work.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Martin,

I know what that thing "real life work" (or even just "real life") can be like, and I am happily out of the work thingy now.

That means that I have time to think, or what passes therefore, and I thought of this:

Is there a way with AIAE to add a line to all fltsim entries, like there is a way to remove them? And/or can such a feature be added?

Piling it on -

Jorgen
gapeters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gapeters »

This started today...

I have used this for years and as soon as you launch the executable the warning pops up. I have tried to delete and reinstall to the default and new locations with the same result. I can run it if I disable Spyhunter 5 with no problems but the question is should I..?

The program installs fine with no warnings just when it starts up.

Greg
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-02 100413.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You are wise to take such things seriously. The question is whether it is accurate or not.
From my point of view AIAE.Net has not just been updated. So the question is what has changed. Has there been a new update to Spyhunter 5, or to its definitions?
I am thinking that yes is likely, so if that is the case the question becomes is it something that has hidden for years in AIAE.Net or is it a false positive?

It goes without saying that only Martin can categorically state that it is a false positive and can be believed.
What I would do in your case is find another freeware malware checker and run that. More if you fancy doing it. This would help your decision process. It goes without saying that if they all report an issue then it should be taken very seriously.

Now we have some experience of matters similar to this. When we moved to our own installer packages it worked very well with the freeware version of thge Clickteam packager which did not have the full bells and whistles but was good enough for us but it did what we needed.
Suddenly we had reports that a new package was a virus, followed by old ones as well. It turned out that the advert that clickteam built in to freeware version triggered alerts in the latest version of the MS checkers. To solve the issue I bought the full version and we used that until we no longer released installer packages.

IF the issue is an update to Spyhunter then I have no idea why it suddenly starts complaining.
For me I will be continuing to use it, but then again I don't use Spyhunter. If there is an option to ignore AIAE.Net then I would do that. If you have to report it and get them to ignore it I would do that.
Other than that the reality is that either you switch it off to use AIAE, not use AIAE or get another malware checker that does not find an issue with it.

I think that its the best I can suggest.
Steve
gapeters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gapeters »

Thanks for the reply Steve. It is interesting to me that it will install fine without any flags and that I had had it installed for years without any flags until today. The database looks like its from today so there might have been something new that triggered it.

More or less I wanted to just put it out here so see if I was the only one or if someone else DOES have the same issue it could be looked into officially.

We'll see what I will do.. Might actually contact a support rep and see what they might think.

Thanks

Greg