The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

T-38's not showing up

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

T-38's not showing up

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I downloaded and installed the T-38 package a few days ago and noticed that, it seems that Vance, Columbus and Laughlin AFB's are no-shows for the new models. I then thought maybe it is because the traffic slider is set too low so I set it at 100%, and went to Vance and the other bases...no-show. Then I thought maybe these bases do not have flight plans for the '38's and therefore they are not showing up. So I was wondering, is there any flight plans for the T-38's from Vance, Columbus and Laughlin? If so does anybody know where I may download them? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: T-38's not showing up

Post by Firebird »

Those packages were not done by ourselves but by individual painters.
However, I am sure that somebody did do all of the flightplans for each base.

Have you searched the forums for each base to see if any of the posts have flight plans attached?
Steve
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

The T-38 flight plans can be found in this thread:
https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/18/11738
Hartwig

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/18/1 ... ip#p138252

takes you to the page

Laughlin and Randolph - download/file.php?id=10031

Vance and Columbus - download/file.php?id=9943

Jim

Oops sorry for the duplicate just too quick for me
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

There's also Aaron Haase's 2015 version on Flightsim.com
Full package of aircraft, flightplans and voicepacks.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... fid=183962

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, thanks for the links. I downloaded the the flight plans and installed them using AIFP2 but came across another problem...it seems that the new FSX T-38 textures for Vance, Columbus and Laughlin are not "recognized" in FSX. (see attachment) The other bases are fine like Beale, Miramar etc but for Vance, Columbus and Laughlin it like the airplanes are "lost". Would anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I would be very grateful.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry but there is no attachment to look at.
Also can you confirm which system you are trying to install them for as your profile says FS9 and yet you talk about FSX.

Have you got the right models for the right system installed?
Steve
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Sorry for not sending attachment...it is too large to send, but I was going to send a screen shot of AIFP2 where it shows all of Vances aircraft in "red" instead of in "black".. seemingly as if they are not even in the sim. I have FSX, I must not of check the box appropriately when filling out my profile. I will try and change it soon.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
OK well with the aircraft in red it simply means that the aircraft names in the flightplans do not match the ones you have on your system.
This could mean a small number of things. It could be that the aircraft are not installed properly. It could be that the flightplans were meant for a different set of paints. It could be that you amended the aircraft titles somehow but have not altered the flightplans to match the new titles.

What I would start with is write down exactly the first red aircraft title and then see if that entry is in your T-38 aircraft.cfg .

See what you find.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just confirmed on my older FSX machine, I also recently updated the T-38s models using the originally released massive flightplan/paint packages. So the titles are slightly different, but should be all there.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So you have found your problem. The titles have to match exactly those in the flightplans. No wiggle room at all.

So if you have the raw plans just alter the aircraft titles and compile, or if you only have the compiled bgl load into AIFP and then 'Save File (Set) As ...' to create the raw files, then you can mod the aircraft.txt file and compile.
Steve
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, thanks for the info. In the past few days I went back and changed all of the texture titles to fit the old texture titles, then amended them in the config file. Viola...I got all of Columbus' T-38s flying, taking off and landing etc. I just want to thank you guys for all the help you provided that keeps me happily simming and for the excellent work that you do for the packages.