The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Need some guidance

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
diceflo
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Need some guidance

Post by diceflo »

I was using the matrix installer and I really like it but it takes up too much space. I don’t use lots of military ai but I still want to have some. I am using P3D V4.

My question is how can I install just a few “packages” here and there? For example if I just want the air force one, nellis, Pensacola, Luke, France, Thai...
I would like to install individually to make sure I am not using too much disk space. I know I can download just a region but I would like a few military planes when I fly in different countries.

I hope I explained this correctly. Thank you for any help.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Need some guidance

Post by Firebird »

So if I can sum this up. You want to install the package but it takes up too much space overall. What you would like is to select which bases or aircraft to install from each region.

Is this correct?
Steve
diceflo
Cadet
Cadet

Post by diceflo »

Yes, I would just like to install a few packages. I think the full matrix takes up about 10GB. I could use that space for other things as well. Can you use the matrix to install a few packages instead of all the packages for the region or can packages be manually installed using the matrix.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

If by packages you mean our legacy FS9 packages then no, you can not install them individually with Matrix. Such a level of complexity would defeat the purpose of Matrix, which is intended as a way to install all our available traffic with as few clicks as possible.

Over the years, people who were new to MAIW started complaining about having to download more than 300 individual zip files and then go through 300 installers, only to have a product that is not compatible with FSX or P3D. Enter Matrix.

Unfortunately, the level of customisation you're looking for will require that you do the legwork yourself. Meaning you download the FS9 package, replace all non-P3Dv4 compatible elements if available or convert them yourself. I wrote a blog about the entire proces a couple of years ago. It was written for P3Dv3 but still applies to P3Dv4, except that you'll now need converted aircraft models as well.
jussi57
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

How to change the location of the squadrons??

Post by jussi57 »

Hi
The Finnish Air Force has positioned itself so that the squadrons in Tampere (EFTP), Kauhava (EFKA and (EFHA)) have changed their fleet between only EFRO and EFKU. How could this be done?

kindly Jussi of Finland
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Not with Matrix.

You could install region Europe in Matrix, copy whatever you need to a temporary folder, uninstall region Europe and then modify the Finnish flight plans to achieve with you want with AIFP.

It's not something that can be taught in five minutes if you're not already familiar with the AI flight plan format in P3D and definitely out of scope of Matrix support. ;)
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

I hope nobody minds me tagging onto this tread.

To reduce load times, I tend to only enable add-on regions I want to fly in. This applies to Matrix regions and to other other areas I have added.

Whenever I start P3D(v4.5) and switch add-ons, the AI for the new areas do not appear until I close P3D and re-start it.

This kind of defeats the purpose for me on load times. Any advice appreciated.

Jim