The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

SLAF Katunayake

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

SLAF Katunayake

Post by jetrange »

The next scenery i'm working on is SLAF Katunayke/Bandaranaike International Airport. The scenery will be updated from the default FSX scenery, and include parking for both the civilian and military side. The base is home to the No 10 Squadron flying Kfirs, the No. 12 Squadron flying Mig-27s, the No. 5 Squadron flying Skybolts, and the No. 4 Helicopter Squadron. I will try to include flightplans for all of the fixed-wing squadrons. One thing I just need to know is how many Kfirs and F-7s are stationed at the base?
Attachments
VCBI ADE.JPG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: SLAF Katunayake

Post by Firebird »

According to Scramble 10 sqn has 6x Kfirs of 3 versions and 5 Sqn has a total of 9x F-7/FT-7s, again in 3 versions.
12 sqn hasn't existed since 2014.

4 Sqn has moved base and the base is now home to 2 heavy transport sqn.
Steve
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Thanks for that information. Then for the No. 2 Transport Squadron, i'll either try one or two things, 1: Paint the Sri Lankan Hercs with John's Model, or transfer the HTAI versions from the Exotic Alberts package. The squadron also flies An-32s, which I found paints for on AVSIM.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Here's an update on the scenery. I added almost all of the parking on both sides and some of the buildings are in place. I'm trying to find where the Kfirs are based.
Attachments
VCBI ADE 2.JPG
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Almost done with the scenery, just a few tweaks on both the civilian and military side.
Attachments
VCBI 1.JPG
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

While i'm almost done with the scenery, i'm now starting on creating the flightplans for the F-7s and Kfirs. What I need to know is what are the serial numbers of the jets that belong to No 5 and No 10 Squadron so I can make the flightplans for both of them.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

According to Scramble

5 Sqn

Serial Type
SFI-5101 F-7BS
SFI-5102 F-7BS
SFI-5103 F-7BS
SFI-5105 F-7GS
SFI-780 F-7GS
SFI-781 F-7GS
SFI-782 F-7GS
SFI-783 F-7GS
SFT-703 FT-7

10 Sqn

SFM-714 Kfir C2
SFM-717 Kfir C2
SFM-718 Kfir C7
SFM-725 Kfir C7
SFT-710 Kfir TC2
SFT-726 Kfir TC2

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Thanks for the list Jim. It looks like there isn't a model for the F-7BS so I'll either leave them out or use another model.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I made some of the flightplans for the military side of the airport, as well as a 727 that is sitting next to the taxiway. The only need that needs to be made are updated paints for the two C-130Ks of the No 2 Transport Sq, using John's model. Could anyone help me with those since I don't have access to Photoshop at the moment?
Attachments
VCBI Kfirs.JPG
VCBI 727.JPG