The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Vehicles

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: AI Vehicles

Post by Kaiii3 »

after getting the helicopters to work, I am sure there might be an option to get the Cars also working without a BGL and actual let them interact with the aircrafts at the airport :) - just an idea....
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Possibly Kai, but I'm just about to dive into a new project. However, if you want a model to try, configured how you want it, I can supply one for you to try.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thinking further down the line, does this mean that Harriers and F-35Bs could use the system as well?
Steve
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Kaiii3 »

John Young wrote: 31 May 2020, 10:37 Possibly Kai, but I'm just about to dive into a new project. However, if you want a model to try, configured how you want it, I can supply one for you to try.

John

when I have the time (and the other stuff is working ^^) I will get back to that, Your current Cars are handled like airplanes (aircraft.cfg and FDE), correnct?
Firebird wrote: 31 May 2020, 11:17 Thinking further down the line, does this mean that Harriers and F-35Bs could use the system as well?
well with some rewriting yes, but I thing that is something for the AI helicopter thread in the forum and not the AI Cars topic by John ;)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Correct Kai, my AI vehicles utilise an aircraft FDE that will never get them airborne. That's supplemented with a very short closed and hidden runway.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Kaiii3 wrote: 31 May 2020, 14:59
Firebird wrote: 31 May 2020, 11:17 Thinking further down the line, does this mean that Harriers and F-35Bs could use the system as well?
well with some rewriting yes, but I thing that is something for the AI helicopter thread in the forum and not the AI Cars topic by John ;)
Yep my fault there, should have read the thread name and not ploughed straight ahead.
Steve
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Kaiii3 »

John Young wrote: 31 May 2020, 15:48 Correct Kai, my AI vehicles utilise an aircraft FDE that will never get them airborne. That's supplemented with a very short closed and hidden runway.

John
ok, when I have the time i will check how the default Cars of the Sim are designed
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

Hello John

After completing the Eurofighter project i would like to ask again if you might continue with some more airport vehicles.
I still belive in its potential.

Thanks for answering and for the Eurofighter project in FS9.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ah, I was wondering if you had installed the Typhoons after all the questions you posed about what would be included. I hope you are enjoying them.

I have no plans to produce more vehicles at the moment. There's been very little feedback on what I've done so far, so it's not a priority for me.

John