The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Objects not showing up in sim

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Objects not showing up in sim

Post by VulcanDriver »

I'm using the HAS from the EGUL.bgl in my new scenery. I've added it to ADE using the library manager and the objects show in ADE. But when its compiled the HAS objects do not show in the Sim. Objects from other libraries do.

The EGUL.bgl is in the Lakenheath scenery and works OK in that.

Can anyone help please?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Objects not showing up in sim

Post by Firebird »

The other thing that you need to make sure is that the object library is loaded before the scenery is, or it will get ignored.

This is the reason that the MAIW libs have to be installed as low down as possible.

So as a temp measure you can copy the lib and the associated textures into the scenery and texture folders of your new scenery folder. They will therefore be duplicated but you can tidy up later once you prove it works.

For just such a case I created a 'MAIWUSER Enhancements Objects' scenery folder and placed it immediately above the MAIW Global Libs entry, to avoid duplication.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:33 The other thing that you need to make sure is that the object library is loaded before the scenery is, or it will get ignored.

This is the reason that the MAIW libs have to be installed as low down as possible.

So as a temp measure you can copy the lib and the associated textures into the scenery and texture folders of your new scenery folder. They will therefore be duplicated but you can tidy up later once you prove it works.

For just such a case I created a 'MAIWUSER Enhancements Objects' scenery folder and placed it immediately above the MAIW Global Libs entry, to avoid duplication.

Hi Steve

Interestingly I recompiled the library and now they show up.

cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

Objects can be "area locked".
If the bgl file contains the model and placement information then this model will only show up on this specific location.

I had this issue when I was working on the Patuxent River scenery. I placed the skijump ramp from a UK000 ? scenery at Pax River.
It would not show up or only sometimes. Then I split the bgl file into a library containing only the model and a separate bgl file with the placement information.
After this split the ramp could be placed anywhere.
Hartwig

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

hawk_sh wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 17:34 Objects can be "area locked".
If the bgl file contains the model and placement information then this model will only show up on this specific location.

I had this issue when I was working on the Patuxent River scenery. I placed the skijump ramp from a UK000 ? scenery at Pax River.
It would not show up or only sometimes. Then I split the bgl file into a library containing only the model and a separate bgl file with the placement information.
After this split the ramp could be placed anywhere.
Yes that must have been the problem as the objects appeared once then not again. Now I've extracted the objects into a new library everything is working correctly.
John