The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Warsaw Pact

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Warsaw Pact

Post by Fokket50 »

My response to a question about East German units, got me a number of replies asking if I would share my files.
I will have to order the files, but then I will upload them to the library.

This project started some time ago, after I visited Šiauliai airbase (Lithuania), and was wondering why I never started a retro project for easter Europe, because I did so much for western Europe. After Michael Pearson made most of the Mig's and Tupolev's available I had a look at AVSIMRUS and Serchy's models. After collecting most aircraft, I went for the airbases.

As most airbases are long time gone,it was difficult to find good information on all of them. In the end I had to make some choices, and I decided to leave a few airbases out of the project as it would be to much work, and by then it was still for personal use.

Some airbases never had any ICAO codes, and I had to make them up, this might conflict with work made by others, but so be it.

This project will include:
- Polish Air Force
- Air Force of the Hungarian People's Army
- Czechoslovak Air Force
- Air Forces of the National People's Army (DDR)
- Soviet Air Forces in eastern Europe and western Russia
including: Kaliningrad, Ukraine, Belarus,Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and the DDR.
- Soviet long range aviation, including pacific bases.

For some aircraft I made some basic repaints, for others I used what came with the model, or with repaints made by various people. You can alter the flightplans for your own repaints, I will include the raw files for that.

This project will fill the skies with all those beautifull Soviet aircraft. Don't be surprised when you find a TU-95 making a visit to Cuba or Angola, or transport aircraft in Africa. And don't forget Cam Ranh Base Vietnam. Il-96's will make visits to different countries, including Andrews AFB.

I will keep you updated,

Menno

I was asked if i could make the textures for a new model that is still WIP, here is a preview.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Warsaw Pact

Post by Firebird »

I really hope that this project bears fruit.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

My kind of project this, looking forward to seeing the results of this :D
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Fokket50 »

Some screenshots
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Wow !! What a surprise. Happy to see this project !! Thanks a lot.
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

Thank You so much for this wonderful package. It even got me into the process of converting planes for P3D. I've got my first MPAI MiG-21s and MiG-23s flying already. :D

One question about the Hungarian MiG-29. I was only able to find textures for aircraft numbers 04, 10, 11, 21 and 27 in the conversion package or the original files. Where can I find the remaining textures?

Best regards,

Jean Claude
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Fokket50 »

with regards to the Hungarian MiG-29, I can not find where I got the textures from, neither who is the maker of the textures. As I am not the author I can not upoad the files to the forums.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

They were produced by Mark Walsh, unfortunately the links are no longer active.

The 2 files you are looking for are

AI Hungarian Air Force Af Mig-29 s.zip
AI Hungarian Air Force Mig-29UB.zip

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

For the ones who are interested, here are some documentation about the Russian 16 ARMY in East Germany

http://www.16va.be/

Very nice web site, with a lot of infos.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Muckinator2005 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 13:45 Thank You so much for this wonderful package. It even got me into the process of converting planes for P3D. I've got my first MPAI MiG-21s and MiG-23s flying already. :D

One question about the Hungarian MiG-29. I was only able to find textures for aircraft numbers 04, 10, 11, 21 and 27 in the conversion package or the original files. Where can I find the remaining textures?

Best regards,

Jean Claude
Jean Claude,
check your PM... :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by degu »

Working fsx,p3dv4?
Last edited by degu on 07 May 2020, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Muckinator2005 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 13:45 Thank You so much for this wonderful package. It even got me into the process of converting planes for P3D. I've got my first MPAI MiG-21s and MiG-23s flying already. :D

Best regards,

Jean Claude
Working in V4 and care to share the converted models?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

jimrodger wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 10:34 They were produced by Mark Walsh, unfortunately the links are no longer active.

The 2 files you are looking for are

AI Hungarian Air Force Af Mig-29 s.zip
AI Hungarian Air Force Mig-29UB.zip

Jim
Hello,

And where can we find these files ? Perhaps via email if you've got them ?

Thanks a lot
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 09 May 2020, 17:32

Best regards,

Jean Claude
Working in V4 and care to share the converted models?
Yes, they are working in V4 (also in V5) but you'll have to be patient, as I'm currently converting all those birds for a MAIW conversion package. But MiG-21 alone are 266 (!) different models.

Best regards,

Jean Claude