The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Keyboard suddenly won't respond to some commands

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
rexx1959
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Keyboard suddenly won't respond to some commands

Post by rexx1959 »

I use Windows 10 and haven't had any problems running FS9 since updating to No CD. Last week I encountered the problem of not being able to use most keyboard commands such as ., ctrl-w and the likes. I have restored FSUIPC.dll thinking that it was corrupt. Still won't respond. I have a joystick connected and it also won"t toggle thru views and other commands. I went into settings and specified commands for both and still no good. Help please.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Keyboard suddenly won't respond to some commands

Post by Firebird »

OK firstly let me put your mind at rest. The No CD patches do one thing and one thing alone. They remove the security checking mechanism.
Yep, the reduction in size from 1362KB to 50KB is purely for the removal of that.

So there has to be something else causing the issue. My initial thought is that you had a combination of Caps lock and Number lock set that was causing the issue. However, I am not convinced by that because of what you said about about the joystick not working properly.

Unless it is a fact that the joystick is not working properly, or needs to calibrated then I wonder if you have got the correct NoCD patch.
There is one for the original FS9 release and one for the FS9.1 update.

So my question is did you only have the original FS9 installed or did you also run the FS91upd patch.
If you can't remember, then look at the properties of both the FS9.exe nocd patch file and the original exe file that you saved. The file version for both should be the same.
Steve
rexx1959
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rexx1959 »

Well I finally got the chance to do more troubleshooting. It seems that I hadn't fully viewed the settings in keyboard assignments. They had to be reset. Don't know why they changed. Everything working fine now. Thank you for the input.

rexx1959
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem. Sometimes you can't find the answer, no matter what you do, until after you asked for help.
Its one of those laws of computing.
Steve