The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by TheFoufure »

Firebird wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 14:25 There is a traffic file in the package. Whether or not they use the new Tamim AB or not i don't know as I haven't looked.
Nor do I know whether there is scenery for the base or not.
There is a little scenery of Tamin in the "Hard to find sceneries" série, available in the Hangar.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Rusty1 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 15:58 Qatari Typhoons are done and sent to the hangar for approval...the Kuwaiti Typhoons are a little more elusive and all the images I have seen show them wearing test registrations, and not all the serial numbers are confirmed yet, but as soon as they are I will have a bash at them...
Hello,
Any chance to find your repaints in other place ? The Hangar is not up to date.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

TheFoufure wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 18:07
Rusty1 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 15:58 Qatari Typhoons are done and sent to the hangar for approval...the Kuwaiti Typhoons are a little more elusive and all the images I have seen show them wearing test registrations, and not all the serial numbers are confirmed yet, but as soon as they are I will have a bash at them...
Hello,
Any chance to find your repaints in other place ? The Hangar is not up to date.
You need to look a little closer try 12th Feb
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

Hi John, was a paintkit ever released publically? I'm currently attempting to add PBR to the RAF jets and having it to be able to make an unmarked texture would be a great help.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I couldn't find the Typhoon paint kit in the Hangar either, but I certainly have one and can get it to you.

Is this for your own use or are you intending to share the results? I only ask because to add PBR textures will require the model to be modified and re-compiled with the PBR settings.

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

That would be great, thanks John.

The conversions would be for my own use only unless A) you would be happy for me to release the end result and B) I actually end up with something of a suitable quality for sharing.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've PM'd links to the paint kits to you (UK single seat, UK 2 seat and weapons).

I don't really want my models re-engineered and in any case I might at some point want to tackle PBR textures in P3D myself, having gone through the process in MS2020. Please do not share the re-engineered models therefore.

Just in case it helps, some of the PBR graphics packages have a facility to derive the Ambient Occlusion (AO) map ("Materialize" does) from the other maps in the set. I found it better with FS2020 to import the AO layer in the PSD paint kit that was produced from light rays using the model itself in XNormal.

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Great, thanks John.

Of course-I won't share any of the modified files.
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

Can someone point me in the right direction for a Typhoon II(AC) Sq. in full markings for John Youngs model.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/UK-Air- ... 0ugg%3D%3D

Thank you.
- Gert van B.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I get the idea behind why most don't have squadron schemes, but I really do miss them. Something really nice about a flight line of planes in the same unit colours.

Mind you I remember the shenanigans behind the scenes for Operation Corporate. The first thing that the FAA decided to do was repaint all of the aircraft as they showed up to much in the sky.
Surely somebody should have thought of that way before then and saved a lot of running around by a lot of people.
Steve
Rusty1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rusty1 »

Try this one for size...I like to keep a few of my virtual Typhoons in full squadron colours...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhfvZvy333z7gjVmH2M ... e?e=YqZUMc
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

Rusty1 wrote: 13 Sep 2023, 14:09 Try this one for size...I like to keep a few of my virtual Typhoons in full squadron colours...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhfvZvy333z7gjVmH2M ... e?e=YqZUMc

Thank You Very Much
- Gert van B.