The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Searching for a Member

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Searching for a Member

Post by ejwells409 »

I was told that John Stinstrom could be found on this site. Can someone tell me how I can contact him, or if he is even still a regular here? I have converted one of his FS9 sceneries to FSX/P3D (Randolph AFB) and would like to upload it but I need his permission to do so.

Thanks
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Searching for a Member

Post by f4nutter »

if you download a package from Avsim, there should be an email in the read me, that might help you.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

Thanks. I had tried that a month ago with no luck so I took another stab at it thinking maybe I could find a different (more current) email address. His last upload to AVSIM was about 5 years ago so I used that address and almost immediately after sending the email it was kicked back a "permanent error".

I looked through the list of members for MAIW hoping to find his name but no joy there either. I guess if all else fails I'll release the scenery with proper credit to John. If, at some point he should come back and request that it be taken down I'll oblige.

Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

As far as I know, John left the hobby some years ago and I do not know if anybody here is still in contact with him.
Steve
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

Firebird wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 18:20 As far as I know, John left the hobby some years ago and I do not know if anybody here is still in contact with him.
Thank you Steve. I'll press on with the release and give John the credit required.

Ed