The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW goes Dark with Firefox

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

MAIW goes Dark with Firefox

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
I realise that this may not be of interest to many but maybe to some.

For sometime now, I have been looking for a way to browse websites in a pseudo dark mode using my preferred browser Firefox. After finding that there was a secret setting in Chrome to enable this I went looking again and I found how to do it in Firefox.

Firstly you have to enable the Dark theme in Firefox which all it does is make some of the menus dark.
However if you then install an add-on called Dark Reader then every web page will have a dark look about it.
Dark Reader has a settings window accessible on the toolbar which enables to switch it on and off at will and you can also add sites to opt out.

For simplicity here is a page with pictures on how to activate this https://itsfoss.com/firefox-dark-mode/.

After having used it for a few days I can say that I really like it. I think that MAIW looks really cool with it. My main issue was how the logo in my signature looked which was cured by making the backdrop in the png transparent.
Steve