The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW and FS2020 question

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

MAIW and FS2020 question

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I do not know if this may of been brought up earlier in the forums..so I apologize for the redundancy. I was wondering if MAIW was planning on submitting an application to Microsoft, or the other companies making FS2020, to make military AI and or military base scenery for the new FS2020 ? I, for one, know I would not mind going to the Flight Sims in-Sim store and buying any, if not all, of the packages that would of been converted to FS2020. You guys have done sooo much for flight simming over the years that, it would be a sin for you to be un-able to bring your knowledge, expertise and professionalism into the new FS2020.

Richard
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: MAIW and FS2020 question

Post by Firebird »

MAIW is watching 2020 with great interest. We are interested in it but as yet there is no complete SDK for us to make a decision on exactly what we can and will do for that sim.
Without complete info we can't commit to anything. Like everybody else out there we are waiting for the SDK at the very least.

Now as far as MAIW is concerned we have always been focused on being freeware. We do not have any plans to change.

So in short we don't currently have the info to produce anything for 2020, but when we do we do not plan to charge for anything. Whether this means that our products can be distributed through the sim store or other means will be decided once we know about the installations opportunities fully.

It is a waiting game.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

There are more and more third-party airfield being produced for FS20, and hopefully the techniques required will become more common knowledge soon. The AI engine is still a bit of a mystery (though it looks like the traffic files are very similar to those in FSX/P3D), and porting AI aircraft has not yet been cracked. It’ll come, though.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Ok guys, thanks for the info.