The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

F-15C with CFTS?

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
WZNGT
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

F-15C with CFTS?

Post by WZNGT »

Hello every one ... I am an Ace Combat fan who's been doing skins of the fictional nations in that franchise for a few years, and also an aerospace engineering student at RMIT university.
I recently jumped in FSX with a Steam copy since some unique aircraft like RA-5C, P-3C and C-160 that I have a taste of are nowhere to be found in other games. Another one I'd like to do a skin with would be F-15 with CFTS, like those that 57FIS in Iceland used to operate. Found a skin 57th pack on this site but sadly it lacks the CFTS. Aside from all those F-15E, did a F-15C with CFTS ever exist as a mod, either free or payware?

PS: Did an Osean Maritime Defense Force (from AC5) skin on RA-5C with my knowledge from modding AC7 without much issue, now aiming to do some more AC lore-friendly skins on other aircraft.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: F-15C with CFTS?

Post by John Young »

Are you looking to paint AI aircraft or user flyable aircraft?

I didn't model conformal tanks on my F-15C models. I don't know if Nick Black ever did.

John
WZNGT
Cadet
Cadet

Post by WZNGT »

John Young wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:56 Are you looking to paint AI aircraft or user flyable aircraft?

I didn't model conformal tanks on my F-15C models. I don't know if Nick Black ever did.

John
Hmm, can both AI and flyable craft be placed onto the map as a static model in the map editor? I am still quite new to FSX so don't really know, just want to do a shot with C-160 and F-15C+CFTS together.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

So, you want to create static models from either AI or flyable models so that you can take screen shots of two aircraft together. I'm not sure what you mean by "map".

Why do you need to create static models if all you want to do is take screen shots? You could take the screen shot using a flyable model in formation with an AI model, at whatever stage of flight you want.

Do you know how to set up AI aircraft in FSX?

John
WZNGT
Cadet
Cadet

Post by WZNGT »

John Young wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 06:44 So, you want to create static models from either AI or flyable models so that you can take screen shots of two aircraft together. I'm not sure what you mean by "map".

Why do you need to create static models if all you want to do is take screen shots? You could take the screen shot using a flyable model in formation with an AI model, at whatever stage of flight you want.

Do you know how to set up AI aircraft in FSX?

John
Nah, just "screenshot with planes and Ace Combat-themed skins applied", in air would be nice but on the ground would do at the moment, as I am still learning on what I need to get decent graphics other than the REX4 on Steam. Not really talking about static models. By map editor I mean this:
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry, I have to bow out of this one. I just don't know what you are trying to achieve, with what and how.

John