The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Saab 105++

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Saab 105++

Post by John Young »

Giorgio, send over the list. I'm not going to promise anything, but I will probably make more than just the Swedish A-109's. As you say, it is rather a beautiful helicopter and the one I've built so far has come up very well. I might as well make the most of it now that I've uncoupled it to the Saab 105 project.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the new package, I am really liking it! I am wondering why there are only 6 Blackhawks? According to scramble they have 15 based at ESCF.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's because there are only 14 parking spots on the helicopter ramp at Malmen. I've allocated 6 for Blackhawks and 8 for the two types of Agusta 109's.

John
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Hi John and thanks again. As expected, another beautiful model to fill our skies!!! (and a nice new scenery)
Plus it bring me memories, when I saw the exhibition of the Team 60 many years ago, in Rivolto.

A-109...
I have not yet a list... as said, I was joking. :wink:
By the way, being a widely used helicopter in Italy, I'll check what worth to be depicted, without giving you too much job.
Major users are our Army, Custom Police, Police and Carabinieri.
I've just had a quick look at few shoots, it seems the only big differences between models, are the radome under the fusalage of the Custom Poilce.
These are very busy days at work. I'll contact you via PM as soon as I have something useful.

Regards, Giorgio
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I've forgotten to mention it in the previous post.
As per installation instruction, we need to copy the new MAIW_ADE_ESIB_CUSTOM.bgl, but in the package folder there is MAIW_AF2_ESCM_CUSTOM.bgl (same file coming from the old MAIW package)

Giorgio
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

I don't know if it is just me but in the Swedish Saab aircraft CFG for FSX I have grown a V which shoud'nt be there ie sim=JYAI_Saab_105v so just remove the V, besides that it is a really great package and thanks to all involved in its production.

Regards Paul Day.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I think that must be home grown Paul. I don't have that mismatch and if I did I would not have been able to take the screen shots I did.

Giorgio, Don't go to the trouble of producing a detailed spreadsheet for the Italian A-109's at this stage, just suggest a model or two and the numbers involved that might provide interest. I'm aware that the Belgians are wanted as well as the RAF.

John
GuentAir
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GuentAir »

bismarck wrote:Hi John and thanks again. As expected, another beautiful model to fill our skies!!! (and a nice new scenery)
Plus it bring me memories, when I saw the exhibition of the Team 60 many years ago, in Rivolto.

A-109...
By the way, being a widely used helicopter in Italy, I'll check what worth to be depicted, without giving you too much job.
I've just had a quick look at few shoots, it seems the only big differences between models, are the radome under the fusalage of the Custom Poilce.
These are very busy days at work. I'll contact you via PM as soon as I have something useful.

Regards, Giorgio
And as far as I know, Austria has ordered 15 A-109 (government to government) to replace the Alouette III. The first are to be stationed in Aigen (LOXZ) in 2022. So, some more time ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Guenter Reisner

miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

GuentAir wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 20:14
bismarck wrote:Hi John and thanks again. As expected, another beautiful model to fill our skies!!! (and a nice new scenery)

A-109...

Regards, Giorgio
And as far as I know, Austria has ordered 15 A-109 (government to government) to replace the Alouette III. The first are to be stationed in Aigen (LOXZ) in 2022. So, some more time ;-)

Or AW169?
Last edited by miljan on 13 Nov 2020, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA LA VIDA
GuentAir
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GuentAir »

miljan wrote:
GuentAir wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 20:14

A-109...

Or AW-169?

Regards, Giorgio

Of course, they have ordered 18 AW169 M.
Sorry
G.

Guenter Reisner

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Paul reported an error with "sim=JYAI_Saab_105v" and I couldn't find it. That's because the error is somewhere else. It's in the [fltsim.23] entry only and in the model assignment not the sim. FSX and P3D, FS9 is fine.

[fltsim.23]
title=JYAI_Saab_SK60_Sweden_133
sim=JYAI_Saab_105
model=Sweden_SK60_CamoV

Delete the "V" in the model line.

Thanks to Pete for finding it.

Also the line "ui_created_by=JYAI" is not quite right, it should be "ui_createdby=JYAI"

John
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I thought to have installed all the available UH-60 family packages, but I can't find the Model.UH60_M.
Can someone tell me in which package was already released this model?

Thanks, Giorgio
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Giorgio, it is included in the SAAb 105 package. On both. Lewis
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

lewis wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 20:37 Giorgio, it is included in the SAAb 105 package. On both. Lewis
Ok Lewis, thanks.
What I asked, is if the model in this pack, was ever released before and, if yes, in which package.

Regards, Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That model is not in any other pack.

I also understand that the schemes are completely interchangeable so you can use the original model for the Swedish ones, if you feel so inclined, or if you fancy a lot of work you can assign all your existing schemes to the new mdl.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 14:51 Giorgio, Don't go to the trouble of producing a detailed spreadsheet for the Italian A-109's at this stage, just suggest a model or two and the numbers involved that might provide interest. I'm aware that the Belgians are wanted as well as the RAF.

John
Good morning, John,

If you are really considering a Belgian model for the Agusta A-109 (version A-109BA), I have the serial number listing (46 copies) and information on the different versions. In fact, they are all based on the same model with a fixed landing gear. Only the armaments are different and the installation of a sight on the roof of some. Four copies also have slightly wider cabin doors for medical evacuation. In advance, I would like to thank you for the possible possibility of making this model for FS9.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've nearly finished the Swedish examples and I'll have a look at the Belgian 109BA's after that. The doors, windows and I think engines are different on the Hkp 15's, as well as the retractable undercarriage of course. I'm not though getting into flight plans and scenery for anything other than the Swedish.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 15:56 I've nearly finished the Swedish examples and I'll have a look at the Belgian 109BA's after that. The doors, windows and I think engines are different on the Hkp 15's, as well as the retractable undercarriage of course. I'm not though getting into flight plans and scenery for anything other than the Swedish.

John
I don't know the Hkp 15 model so I can say if there are many differences with Belgian.

For Belgian scenery there is an FS9 version of EBBE (from MAIW Belgian Alpha Jet Pack) on avsim (I'll check for FSX) and I think there are FP too.
Last edited by TheFoufure on 18 Nov 2020, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Matrix has EBBE in it in some detail. "A109" spots in the west of it.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Jim wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 10:09 Matrix has EBBE in it in some detail. "A109" spots in the west of it.
Yes, A109BA are in the North side, and SF-260 are in the South Side of the airfield.
NH-90 use a new appron not represented on the MAIW EBBE scenery (I've updated my exemple)
Last edited by TheFoufure on 19 Nov 2020, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.