The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Agusta A109's

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
proximo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Agusta A109's

Post by proximo »

Hello
I can send you only a very basic paint kit.
For detailed paint kit with lines,decals and ... please contact John Tenn
I hope,it will help you

Regards
Lukas
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Lucas - John has just PM'd me. I've given him the RGB values and he's going to do the repaint.

I like what you've done with the NH90. I've had the opportunity over the past few weeks to watch it frequently while testing the AFCADs at Beavechain and lately at Ohakea. The take-off and landing is great and your rotor discs led me to change mine to something closer to yours.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That was a very useful chart. Quite explicitly it is Gunship Grey but you look at the pic on that chat it it looks like it is Medium Sea Grey or something similar. Some of it could be down to salty air.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

More likely mis-calibration in the scanning of the chart to get a digital image from what might have been a paper original. The official swatch for FS26118 (Gunship Grey) gives the RGB values as 75 84 97. The values on the chart are 117 119 118.

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

John
I have a spare tin of Humbrol 125 if that is of any use :)

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Model paint samples are probably the worst source of true colour information Gary. Not only does the interpretation differ from company to company, but even photos of a single company offering can be hugely different. There are vastly different shades of Tamiya Gunship Grey for example if you do a search of that one.

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

I have redone the NH-90 in the colours John sent me. It actually looks a whole lot better.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I agree, all harmonised now:

Many thanks John.

John
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Looking absolutely fantastic, as usual :D If they're not being done I may take a pop at converting those NH-90's to P3D, emphasis on may
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
proximo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by proximo »

John and John

Fantastic job
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

shaggy22 wrote:Looking absolutely fantastic, as usual :D If they're not being done I may take a pop at converting those NH-90's to P3D, emphasis on may
That's a nice promise... ;-)

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Agusta 109 packages (FS9 and FSX/P3D) were sent for inclusion in the download Hangar this morning, with the New Zealand examples completing the trio of operators in the packages:

I found a few examples of the Ohakea scenery for the New Zealand 109’s on the net but none that were consistent across all 3 sim versions. It was however an easy task to add the helicopter runway to the default AFCADs and no problem with jumping to the main AFCAD arose because it was possible to draw separate entrances and exits. It was also straight forward to add a few buildings from the MAIW Global Object libraries to create a better representation of the buildings on the north side and the new structures to the east where the helicopters are located (according to Google Earth):

If users have custom scenery of Ohakea, they still might be able to overlay my helicopter AFCAD and adjust accordingly.

Conversely, the helicopter runway at Beauvechain has just been a pig to make because of the single entrance and exit. As reported earlier, I did manage to overcome the jumping of landing A109’s onto the main fixed wing AFCAD that then park in the wrong place. However Tim discovered that the converse was then happening if there was a fixed wing aircraft in another flight plan - it would jump to the helicopter AFCAD and park to the north, where it shouldn’t be. I confirmed that action with a Typhoon.

It’s not a big problem because there are no fixed wing aircraft in the Beauvechain flight plan, but it might be for users who have plans for visiting aircraft. For FS9 I have included both a runway helicopter AFCAD and the grass one that works fine, so users can take their pick. Alas, I tore my hair out for another 4 hours, trying to get the helicopter AFCAD over the runway in FSX, by moving the Airport Reference Point in the same way, but it just didn’t work. FSX and P3D users therefore just have the grass overlay, but it does work well.

I’m grateful to John Tenn for reworking the NH90 paints to provide individual serial numbers at Ohakea and at Beauvechain for the Belgian NH90’s. John is uploading new NH90 packages in parallel with my A109’s. They are called:

• NH-90 Belgium (LHAI)

• NH-90 New Zealand (LHAI)

Thanks of course to Lucas for the original NH90 models. My thanks also to Tim for sharing my frustration with testing the AFCADs and to TheFoufure for information about the Belgian operations.

As always, please allow time for the packages to be made available.

John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Packages are live.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Wow that was quick. Thanks Martin.

Just a note on the paint kit. I'm having trouble saving the .psp (Paint Shop Pro) files as .psd (Photoshop) so users with a lower PSP version number than me can still repaint them. The thumbnail gets distorted as does the preview momentarily before snapping back to how it should be. However when I open the image to edit, it is back to the distorted form. I have no idea what is causing this, but I have e-mailed Corel Technical Support. There are no layer groups or vector layers in the files.

John
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Looks fantastic. Just as well you guys stopped at the 49th shade of grey :-/
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

According to Wikipedia the Royal New Zealand Air Force 3 Squadron at Ohakea use the following Callsigns A109 MAKO and NH-90 WARRIOR
Past Beta Tester
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

One more time, thanks to John for this great package.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks John - it's looking great! After Christmas, I'll have a look at it again and see if I can get something to work at EBBE, particularly for FSX/P3D. The fixed-wing traffic I've seen in FS9 is from an old FMAI Tornado package, so is probably irrelevant to most users. There may be others though, and when I look at it in P3D I'll be able to use Super Traffic Board to see all the traffic I have that uses the airport.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

What a nice early Christmas gift! Thank you!
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Hello!

For sure a very nice gift :) Many thanks for all this work again, so much variety for a model! Nice to see Lucas model well used too so thank you very much all of you, modellers, painters, packagers ;)

Fred