The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Coningsby P3D

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

RAF Coningsby P3D

Post by Christopher Low »

I have installed the P3D version of RAF Coningsby, and the detail is exceptional. However, I notice that the individual white centreline markings on the runway are not aligned very well. Is there any chance that this can be corrected? If not, is there a way to remove the custom texture runway so that I can use the AFD runway (where the alignment of the markings is perfect)?
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: RAF Coningsby P3D

I guess not....
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's Ian's scenery, not mine, but in my P3D copy, I have no mis-aligned runway markings:

John
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

You would only be able to see it by looking along the runway when landing or departing, John. That top down view does not illustrate the problem.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

There's a very slight kink about half way down - is that the problem you are raising? It's not enough to bother me - there's so much other detail to look at.

John
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It is the misalignment of the centreline markings, and these are clearly visible towards the centre and the 25 end of the runway. This is an issue that also affects ORBx Dundee (and which is going to be corrected shortly in an update). Once I see misalignments of this kind, I can never "unsee" them! Since the FSX version of RAF Coningsby had an AFD runway, the centreline markings were perfectly aligned.

This is the only issue that bothers me at this airfield. The rest is a work of art 8)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

In that case, we need Ian to drive by.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

You'd have hated runway 36/18 at Lyneham, which had a significant bend in the centreline around halfway down the runway. In Real Life (TM), not in a sim.