The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA

Post by TimC340 »

John Young wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 15:03 Correct. When you drag the anti-pushback node to the centre, it has to be kept straight and also not go behind the centre. It's difficult to do as the distance reduces to about nothing. I find it slightly easier to do do in AFX than ADE. If the line isn't straight, the aircraft will return to park at an angle, no matter how sensitive the steering is.

John
I find the easiest way to do this, if you're playing with the layout of parking spots, is to delete the link and the anti-pushback node, re-apply the link in the new geometry, then put in a new a-p node. Trying to move the node itself, even zoomed in to the max, is really hard to get right!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

That is how I do it as well
Cheers,
Martin
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Okay, next step to perfection ( :lol: 8) )

I added a small helicopter area to the concrete apron nearby the RWY 09 (where I supposed the Gazelles to be stationed...)
Don't wonder at the position of the runway and taxiways, that really looks nice in the sim...The heliport runway length has to be that way because all the runway overrun area of the main Brüggen air base has the main airport frequency. All area around is possible for the heliport frequencies....

Okay.

I get the following plumbing methode to work very properly....but into only one direction, with wind heading from south to north. Arriving helicopter really turn their fin almost 180 degrees and come to a stop really nice heading to their starting position again. They follow the blue path when taxi to start and use the green path when coming back from their exercises.
But if the wind comes from the north direction, it is really strange, because the helicopter now take the wrong path back to their parking spots, specifically the BLUE ones.

Can anybody please detect the issue in this? Which note(s) do I have to correct for proper working helis?

Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Hi Manfred, could it be that the blue route is a little bit shorter then the green one to reach the parking spot ?
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Sorry for delay.

I found the solution. I previously had only one blue note which connect both, the green and the blue taxi paths.This was wrong indeed, because that way, returning traffic only have the option to use this node to leave the runway. From that point, the traffic choose the shortest way back logically and it doesn't matter if blue or green. And if the helis use green, they get stuck and can't continue with the flightplans entries.

Now after splitting (please have a look at the yellow squares...), returning traffic now always have use the first possible path to leave the runway, and that is green. The helis follow the path correctly until their final parking.
Other way round, when they are starting to taxi, they only can use the blue path which is shorter in this case.
This seems to work fine now independend on the wind direction / direction of landing.
I think Bora can confirm this kind of plumbing. In this case, the plumbing seems to be a little more easy to create than the more complicated flightline methode. Here at the heliport, I can use much more space to expand the appropriate paths in contrast to the flightline.

Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi,

just detected an unexpected issue while installing the scenery on my less powerful PC where I have P3Dv4.2 installed:

ALL SEASONAL GROUNDPOLYGONS STAY BLACK

I want to figure out if this issue only happens on my older PC (settings, double files somewhere...), if it is caused by P3Dv4.2 or if anybody else noticed the same phenomenon.
To all who downloaded and installed Brüggen, can you please tell me which version (4.*) do you use, please?
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Hi Manfred, your plumbed heliport should work just fine...

I am using PD3v4.5 (v4.5.14.34698 to be precise)
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

After some more researches in some other forums as well, I come to the conclusion that most people will do upgrades to v4.5 or v5 in the meantime. There is no need to stay with v4 - v4.5 when you have the possibility of improvement or enhancement without extra charge or many effort.
So I will watch out for any reports next few days, but it seems there will be not many answers regarding lower versions...

@Eric: Thank you, yes, I spotted umpteen movements of the Gazelles meanwhile and they really fly well without any issuses. The heliport is finally done.
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Manfred, you can not just upgrade from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5, you would need to buy P3Dv5 for the full price again...

P3Dv3, P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 are all 3 still being sold, strangely there is no price difference between them, and you can not upgrade from an older to a newer version.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Sorry for misunderstanding - I meant the upgrades from v4 up to the last, v4.5 which I use. That's what I was trying to clarify if people still stay with earlier versions (v4 up to v4.4) if they can / could upgrade to v4.5 without extra charge.

I wrote P3Dv5 because I assume many of them did change to P3Dv4.5 or P3Dv5 meanwhile. I know that each new version number (1, 2, 3 etc.) is an independent development stage and has to be payed.

I found my fault in this line

There is no need to stay with v4 - v4.5 and I meant

There is no need to stay with v4 - v4.4 of course.

Sorry for confusion :oops: ...
Regards, Manfred.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Not only upgrade to v4.5, but make sure you install the Hotfixes as well (I think 4.5 is on HF3 at the moment). For most MAIW users, I wouldn't particularly recommend moving to v5 as it breaks quite a lot of things that we've become used to since FS9 - changed ICAO codes for instance. Even the Orbx range isn't fully v5 compatible yet, and it's taken two hotfixes to get the VRAM problems to a point where the sim is usable at all on my AMD computer.

4.5 can look spectacularly good (as your Bruggen shows!). No need to go to v5 unless sloping airfields are a huge thing for you!
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

I would rather change to MSFS instead of P3Dv5 to be honestly.
But not before MAIW will make a change as well. No military AI, no MSFS to me. I am really satisfied so far with almost all jets and helis your heart can wish for, same with military airbases. Why change before nothing is in order with aircraft and sceneries?
Regards, Manfred.