The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA

Post by John Young »

I've just checked the GR1 with the P3Dv4 models and FDE that enables the inbuilt afterburner in P3D_V4. It lit up fine at my test airfield, which is where the AB timing was set. The timing is from the moment the aircraft leaves the runway hold. If that hold is too close to the runway the AB will probably light up a few seconds late. If the sim is running at 4X speed, that may also delay the AB considerably, possibly to the climb-out.

John
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Bora »

Thanks for checking the AB John ! I did a re-install of the P3Dv4 model in P3D_v4 but still no AB... Tried the FSX model in P3D_v4 and there I do get the AB effect but like you wrote in your manual I see a very bright and bulbous flare when viewed at a distance. Never mind though, if it works for you and Manfred then it must be something at my end...
Last edited by Bora on 25 Dec 2020, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Manfred,

Regarding the frequencies, I believe you can set a seperate one for "ground" next to the 3 you have set already.

SODE annimations work beautifully ! All hangar doors and QRA gates open and close from the text menu and even have a very realistic sound with them, Very well done !

Night lighting works well, dynamic lighting only works with the large lightpoles in front of the large hangars, correct ?

Seasonal changes look good to me, tried all 4 seasons.

Over run barriers and "caravan" at both end of the runway are set up according to wind settings.

Noticed one more thing with the parking. It seems parked aircraft at the ramp/flightline and HAS area do a 1 meter pushback first before taxing to the runway, correct ? I noticed at least 1 Tornado in the 9 Sq HAS area doing a full pushback before taxing straight out again towards the runway... Can the pushbacks not be avoided ?
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Eric,

thank you for report!

Regarding Dynamic Lighting, all spots which you can see in Not-Dynamic Lighting mode should also be working in DL when it is enabled, means also the spots in front of the HAS should be dynamic together with the flightline ones.
Only road and runway lighting do not support Dynamic Lighting.

Regarding the pusback-effect, I did try my very best by setting a normal blue taxi point to the center of the green parking spots to prevent the pb behaviour. Then I put another blue taxi point close to the center taxi point into the runway direction.
Hopefully, one of the AFCAD gurs may help to solve this issue.
Most ugly behaviour do the heavies when starting taxiing - they do not enough pushback but turn around very unrealistically nearby the parking area. That is very odd but I can't solve this so far...
Regards, Manfred.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi Manschy. More issues - my installation is not eliminating the stock airport. I'd show a screenshot, but Imgur is overwhelmed just now so I can't upload it!

Initially it worked fine, but after a few days I began having problems. There may well have been updates to other software in the meantime. Eventually, I ended up with only the airfield surfaces and the CVX being visible. I reinstalled the airfield yesterday, which restored the visibility of all your objects, but left the horrible MS hangars sticking up through the middle of it!

I'm using it in P3Dv4.5, with Orbx Base, Vector, Open LC Europe, EU Germany North. I've been through these and eliminated any Orbx references to ETUR. I should add that I'm not having this problem with any other airfields (MAIW or my own) that I've installed in P3D.

I haven't checked to see what exclusions you've got, but I'll try and add some and see if that deals with the issue.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Tim, thanks for reporting.
This sounds weird, because RAF Brüggen is built on the stock airport and I have no feedbacks at all like this.
I did make several excludes indeed, on the one hand as polygons and as exclude rectangles on several smaller spots too.
How are your settings inside the ORBX library? Is (just for testing...) RAF Brüggen on top of your sceneries?
Your references to ETUR: Does it mean it does include a check of twice possible entries inside the ORBX GEN scenery folder? In case of an ORBX library update ORBX installs new default sceneries most time so that it is possible to have two ETUR ADE files inside your GEN scenery folder....This can cause default scenery objects of course and in this case the new set default scenery has to be disabled again.
Now idea about any other option...

A shot would be very helpful nevertheless :) .
Regards, Manfred.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I have all Orbx entries below everything except LM stock stuff. I've been through every Orbx folder and removed every reference to ETUR - yes, library updates can put duplicate entries in; I intercepted that! Bruggen is right at the top of all my scenery entries.

Obviously, we've all come across these problems before and it can be a right pain getting it sorted out! I've gone as far as disabling all sceneries in Germany in case there are stray files that affect Bruggen in any of them, and removing Traffic Global which can throw in its own AFDs.

As soon as I can get the screenshot up, I'll do so.

Edit: here you go...

Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Tim,

for sure no result I was hoping to see at this stage.

I notice some missing exclude rectangles where I did add general exclude polygons instead. So pleases can you replace the current ETUR_ADEX bgl file by the attached one please and report back if the big default hangars are gone or don't?

@ Eric: Did you notice any comparable issue? This is strange indeed, because getting this odd default buildings normally should appear to everybody instead of only few people. You thereto should set the intensity of buildings and object appearance to maximum inside P3D for testing if not already done.
Attachments
ETUR_ADEX_MSN_18122020.bgl
(95.5 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by Manschy on 27 Dec 2020, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

@ Manfred... Nope I have not experienced this issue at all, but then I have a fresh P3D_v4 install without any other addons installed yet...

Need to check the settings of my density though to be able to confirm...
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

@Manfred, just checked my settings and it appeared that both "Scenery complexity" and "Autogen building density" were set to "Normal"...

Changing the "Autogen building density" to a higher setting then "Normal", even as far as "Extremely Dense" does not cause any additional hangars to show up.

However changing the "Scenery complexity" from "Normal" to "Dense" causes a hangar to show up and the North-West corner of you "Main hangar". Changing it to "Very Dense" causes tow more hangars to show up...

See the arrows at below screenshot:

Tried your new ETUR_ADEX bgl but this only makes the hangars at the left and right arrow disappear... The one at the middle arrow (sits on top of the railroad tracks) still pops up when setting "Scenery complexity" to "Very dense"
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thanks a lot for reply, Eric. I have overseen the hangar in the middle from the screenshots view.
Please try again the attached bgl file - hopefully now all hangars are gone. Please watch out for other misplaced buildings which seem to be misplaced inside the scenery.
Again, I don't know why they appear. I only got a report from my ALPHA tester regarding this issue and did set exclude rectangles and exclude polygons.
Somehow the exclude rectangles are gone in the latest AFCAD version.
Thank you for this important detection, guys!
Attachments
ETUR_ADEX_MSN_18122020.bgl
(95.52 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Regards, Manfred.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi Manschy. The new AFD seems to have cured the problem. The Tower is back on the runway, but I can deal with that for my own use. Regarding frequencies, there is something else using 122.2 somewhere within reception range (about 200nm in FSX/P3D). It's difficult to choose discrete VHF frequencies for military airfields; obviously they primarily use UHF, and FS9/X/P3D doesn't allow that. NATO bases use a standard VHF tower back-up of 122.1 (and 123.3 for Approach), but if you use that in the sim you can hear every base within 200NM!! Of course, in real life they use a low-power transmitter and the interference range at low level is far less than 200NM, but it can still be significant.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Tim,

cool that the hangars seem to be gone. Thanks for report.

I still have the aircrafts parking issue on the flightline! No matter what I try, the jets always are parking on the edge of the taxiway after arrival.
At first, I did remove the blue normal nodes nearby the green parking spot. No change.
Then I also remove the blue normal nodes at the center of the green parking spots. Also no change.
What can cause this strange behaviour?

So if anybody can help, please shout :D
Regards, Manfred.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I haven't seen this as all my AI (mostly JYAI Tornados) appears to use the HAS parking. I'll let it run and see if it comes up.
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Hi Manschy , I can only speak for me and my shaky memory but you have produced a gem. Very detailed and accurate and you can see the amount of work that you have undertaken. All I can say is well done.

Paul
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Paul,

thank you very much! Yes, I believe it is close to release now, but there seems to be some few tough nuts to crack.

Can you all please check if the Dynamic Lighting is working fine everywhere? Means, without DL there you will see spots on the main apron from the floods as well as on the HAS sites. By enabling DL, you should see these spots now illuminating the surrounding objects.
Are the seasons working well with the default seasons?
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Hi Manfred,

Hangars not belonging to your scenery are gone now yes !

As for the Dynamic Lighting, I only see objects lighted by the large lightpoles, the lights mounted on top of hangars or HAS do not actual light any objects placed in the lightspot that is visible...

Lightpoles at the flightline could be a bit brighter though, not sure if this is possible at all:

Lights mounted on top of HAS:

Eric
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi,

that's strange - can anybody else confirm some issues with the DynamicLighting?
Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Okay, I did find the culprit:
There are 3 missing files which are from the RAF Gütersloh scenery, ICAO ETUO.
I only added the ETUR effects to the ZIP file, so using the attached effects should solve the issue. Please unzip them and put them into your effects folder. Please report back if the issue is solved.
Attachments
ETUR_MISSING_HAS_LIGHT_EFECTS.zip
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Just checked with the missing light files added:

Light effect inside opened HAS and on top of HAS do light objects now !

However lights mounted on top of large hangars directed to platform and inside main hangar do not light objects...