The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Queen Elizabeth carriers

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Queen Elizabeth carriers

Post by VulcanDriver »

Could anyone make scenery for the QE class ships please as we now have all the RN helicopters and the F35 that they carry. FS9, FSX and P3D would ideal.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Queen Elizabeth carriers

Post by John Young »

I had thought about that a few months back but decided against it after doing a bit of research. There was very little available in the way of detailed 3 view diagrams to import into Gmax to model from. If that's changed, and a quick trawl suggest it might not have, I might consider it again. At the moment though, I've just started the Merlin variants.

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

There is an FSX model over at Sim-Outhouse. You may be able to compile it as an FS9 scenery object using MCX and then position it where you need.

Gavin
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

gavinc wrote: 13 May 2021, 22:50 There is an FSX model over at Sim-Outhouse. You may be able to compile it as an FS9 scenery object using MCX and then position it where you need.

Gavin
I tried that with a Russian warship but it failed ab the parts were in the wrong place after conversion.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

The sketchup warehouse has a (few) Queen Elizabeth models that can be converted over to the sim of your choice. I know this doesn't really help the community add it to their sim but if someone wants it enough there is the option. I made one a while ago but it was pretty basic (again done in sketchup).
Attachments
hqe.jpg
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

How do you harden the deck so that AI aircraft can operate on it?

John
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

During conversion to a flightsim object with MCX the auto-platform function allows creation of hard surfaces.
I've used the model as a static carrier with your F-35s and as an AI Boat landing on it with the Dino F35.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

morbidfred wrote: 14 May 2021, 18:48 The sketchup warehouse has a (few) Queen Elizabeth models that can be converted over to the sim of your choice. I know this doesn't really help the community add it to their sim but if someone wants it enough there is the option. I made one a while ago but it was pretty basic (again done in sketchup).

This one is better : https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -Elizabeth

But you need (for all Sketchup models from Warehouse) to ask the author's authorisation before convert it and share it here for FS AI ;-)
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

TheFoufure wrote: 15 May 2021, 06:25
But you need (for all Sketchup models from Warehouse) to ask the author's authorisation before convert it and share it here for FS AI ;-)
I think I covered the usage of Sketchup models and sharing with the community in my previous post. It's also worth noting if you are going to convert and use some sketchup models that after converting with MCX and importing that they can still be quite hard on frame rates.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If they are when the models are placed out at sea, they must be pretty dire frame-rate-wise.

John
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

The one that 'Thefoufure' has pictured will be without a doubt trouble.