The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI Avro Shackleton's

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI Avro Shackleton's

Post by John Young »

Oh well done Martin - lovely screen shots!

Just an interesting bit of information - the radomes under the noses of the AEW2's were obtained from ex-Royal Navy Fairey Gannets. I thought I had seen the shape before. So if I ever make the Gannet, I already have the radome!

John
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

TimC340 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 08:25
AEW Shackletons most certainly did visit RAFG in my time there, Manschy (1974-77). While there was technically no role for them over the Central Front, the Air Defence guys did need to exercise with airborne fighter controllers from time to time, and of course visits to RAFG were essential for picking up cheap booze and cigarettes in those days! I'm pretty sure that ASW Shacks also did Germany visits in earlier years, as did the Nimrods that replaced them.
Well, I will stretch my time frame for that for sure 8) . I am also welcoming C-17, so why not Shacks?
Regards, Manfred.
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

@ John: great looking model(s) again, thanks a lot for filling up my retro setting !!

@ Manfred: The Shackleton AEW did visit RAF Wildenrath during 1980-1990's as well. Even RAF Brüggen had one attending the 75th Anniversary of 9th Squadron on October 30th 1989...
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Bora wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 20:06 @ Manfred: The Shackleton AEW did visit RAF Wildenrath during 1980-1990's as well. Even RAF Brüggen had one attending the 75th Anniversary of 9th Squadron on October 30th 1989...
That's great - so no time journey needed :lol: . Thank you, Bora.
Regards, Manfred.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Is there someone willing to share Flight plans for this beauty?
Tks, Giorgio
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

is anyone doing the SAAF Pelicans ? if not then i have all the serials and tail codes for the 8 aircraft they had and will do them, don't want to spoil someone else's hard work.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Ray. Let me know if you need anything.

John