The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Carrier based variants

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Carrier based variants

Post by ttocs »

I was wondering if there are any other carrier based variants like the F-35C, Hawkeye, and Greyhound. I didn't find any F-18s, Goshawks or Seahawks which can be carrier based. I was able to create a carrier like the one from the F-35c package, in the Hawaiian Islands using ADE. I would like create traffic files with other carrier based variants if they are available.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Carrier based variants

Post by John Young »

As you say, my F-35C, Hawkeye and Greyhound have carrier-based variants. You can also use any of my helicopters, including the S-60. It has an animated lift in the model and operates from a very short runway - about 300ft.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

There wasa project of F-18E/F/G with folding wings for carrier operations.

Some here have the sources files and must adapt them and compile them (for FS9 in first time). But a new FDE is also necessary. I'm patient and wait for it. I keep hope ;-)
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ttocs »

I mentioned the Seahawks because the carrier based helicopter has the folding tail section and main rotor blades. In the Blackhawk family download, there is the Seahawk. I noticed that the Seahawk lacks folding tail and main rotor. Is it possible to have that animation? Or, would that run into the same problem in the FS9 MV-22 Osprey converted to FSX
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes it's possible, but like all design tasks there is a time element - about 20 hours I would think for all the LODs in the FS9 and FSX/P3D versions, including new documentation, packaging and uploading. That's not something I want to do I'm afraid for a limited demand.

John
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ttocs »

Thanks for the feedback. I remain hopeful for future carrier based variants.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Would be cool to see a similar package to the carr2006.zip package on flightsim.com resurrected into FSX / P3Dv4 which had carriers in various global locations with F-14s, A-6s, S-3s and Sh-3s flying off of them. Also there is a smaller scale Royal Navy version on Avsim.com royal_navy_ai_traffic_package.zip with F-4s and A-6s in Mayport FL and the English Channel... While I have the SWS CEX payware package as well as the RFN ship AI and a few other ship AI packages these are all boats, the aircraft are just static...