The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI KC-10A

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: JYAI KC-10A

Post by jetpilot1980 »

John Young wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 10:45 Thanks, that's really useful to know

In this case, it's not my scenery and I don't really want to get involved in doing that. It doesn't in any case solve the problem of how to make the taxiways stay visible at greater distances.

John
Glad to be of assistance; based on your previous statement of:

"Tony produce a combined AFCAD with his 3D object placement. If I were to change the design and re-compile, I would lose the scenery objects."

My assumption was your only worry was how to modify the afcad without losing the custom scenery objects, and you already had a solution to the taxiway problem in mind... In terms of taxiway draw distance, I do not see a parameter for that in ADE (nothing in the ScruffyDuck help site https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com ... cs/m/20268), I am thinking that my be a sim function related to the Graphics > World > Autogen and scenery draw distance slider...

In terms of the previous trick it has come in real handy many times for me as I have used it to import old sceneries from FS2004 (KNTU, KNUQ ect) into P3dv4; as well as modify some P3d sceneries that had some horrible looking static aircraft that I wanted out of the scenery itself (KPAE)... Would share but need to find authors and get permission first...