The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI KC-10A

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: JYAI KC-10A

Post by Fokket50 »

bismarck wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 07:06
gvbeek wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 05:34 The roundel on the tailengine of the T-255 and maybe all three are wrong. It's red, white and blue and not blue, white and red. Sorry
It' right :D
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Netherl ... QuWw%3D%3D
Giorgio
On the left side it is correct, not on the right side https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand ... _RNLAF.jpg
Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Confusing isn't it. Your left side photo is right Giorgio. The problem is on the right side. I had the blue segment facing forward. It should be to the left.

I think this corrects the problem:

I won't recommend the traffic file suggested. It is far too complicated for users to work on with just 3 aircraft. Steve (Firebird) is kindly going to make something more usable that won't need user intervention.

John
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Bora »

Looking beautiful John, much appreciated those Dutch ones !

You even did the special painted tail on the T-235...
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The KC-10 packages (FS9 and FSX/P3D) have now been sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar.

The aircraft are quite easy to set up, but be aware that these are quite complex packages because of the need to update and integrate them with existing packages, not just for the KC-10 aircraft, but the McGuire and Travis scenery where they are based. Further integration is also included for C-17 traffic in existing packages and converted aircraft models. On top of that, there are also installation procedures for the Royal Netherlands Air Force KDC-10s and 10 Tanker and Omega aircraft and associated AFCADs and flight plans.

We tried to integrate C-5 traffic too, but the existing packages are either obsolete or incomplete. However with special thanks to Ray Parker, who has kindly done some new paints for the existing and converted models, new C-5M packages will follow shortly.

As I said earlier, I don't know the retro KC-10A serial numbers and flight planning would be a pain for 7 bases. I could paint the same number of Travis aircraft in blue and white/Shamu livery and use Steve's modern day flight plans with the current serials for retro users. I asked if that would be a sensible compromise, but no one responded. I will not be painting a retro fleet, therefore, but others could do so with the paint kit that has been uploaded in parallel.

As always, please allow time for the packages to be processed and made available.

John and Steve (swp53)
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thank you John

Yet again a fantastic job done, I look forward to seeing them in my sim.

:smt023 :smt023
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for making the files available Martin.

John
gapeters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gapeters »

So for the fs9 version 10 Tanker flightplans, the aircraft are named differently than in the included text files and bgl so they wont show up. You will have to re-run them through what ever compiler you like with the corrected names. All others appear fine, Just the 10 Tanker group. Not sure about the other sim versions.

Thanks John for tackling this one!

Greg
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

John Young wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 15:24 Thanks for making the files available Martin.

John
Gladly so, John. What a stunning screen shot!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for the report on the 10 Tanker traffic files Greg. Sorry about that, I did say it was a complex package.

The attached zip has the amended aircraft.txt file that now matches the 10 Tanker aircraft.cfg entries and two newly compiled traffic files - one for FS9 and the other for FSX. I can confirm that I could see the aircraft I tested a few minutes ago, with the new files.

I'll hold off updating the download for a couple of days, just in case anything else needs to be done.

John
Attachments
10 Tanker amended traffic files.zip
(9.13 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
C-130H
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by C-130H »

John,
Awesome work! This KC-10A/KDC-10A/10 TANKER fleet is bad ass! I am going to be updating my files to put all of these into action! This set brings back great memories SAC and post-SAC! I worked on Big Sexy at Barksdale, (458th OPG/2nd ARS) prior to be BRACC'd to McGuire where i continued to support maintenance operations. I am liking the white top and the Shamu schemes! I will be plugging a few of those into my set up! Great detail on the accuracy, sadly the old girl is being retired. In the near future, Travis will be the only base operating them. McGuire will be shifting to the KC-46A. Great job man! Thanks for all that you do! :D
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Anybody else getting a crash to desktop at Travis?
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
C-130H
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by C-130H »

Jon wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 00:13 Anybody else getting a crash to desktop at Travis?
I just finished updating my KC-10A fleet with your models, I was able to load, take-off and land at Travis. (I previously installed the Travis scenery a few years ago.) No issues or crashes to desktop.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_361 03-Sep-21 23.53.jpg
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the new KC-10's! They are looking good in the sim.
Viper810
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Viper810 »

I did installed the package and everything works and looks great. Thanks.
System specs

I9-9900K
MSI RTX 2080
16 GB RAM
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jon wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 00:13 Anybody else getting a crash to desktop at Travis?

I would guess that you have hit a problem that quite a few of people that install a JS scenery hit. John used some addon textures that he included with his scenery that need to be placed in the scenery\world\texture folder.

I would start by double-checking that you have those installed in the correct place. It maybe that there is one not included with this particular scenery. However, if you have two or three of his sceneries installed you will have probably got them all. Nellis, I believe, has quite a few if you are missing some.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Gary, apologies, but I deleted your post with the 10 Tanker fix. I posted the fix yesterday evening (see above).

Steve, I notice Jon is a P3D user and I am assuming he has installed that version of Travis from the zip. I've re-tested in P3Dv4 and v5 and get no crash.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem, John. You are correct on that. I thought I read FS9 and wrote accordingly.
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 09:11 Gary, apologies, but I deleted your post with the 10 Tanker fix. I posted the fix yesterday evening (see above).

Steve, I notice Jon is a P3D user and I am assuming he has installed that version of Travis from the zip. I've re-tested in P3Dv4 and v5 and get no crash.

John
No problems John
I downloaded the package earlier I should have noticed your post :)
I Must fully read posts lol

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Firebird wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 07:13

I would guess that you have hit a problem that quite a few of people that install a JS scenery hit. John used some addon textures that he included with his scenery that need to be placed in the scenery\world\texture folder.

I would start by double-checking that you have those installed in the correct place. It maybe that there is one not included with this particular scenery. However, if you have two or three of his sceneries installed you will have probably got them all. Nellis, I believe, has quite a few if you are missing some.
Thanks, I'll recheck the install
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Well the good news it's not the scenery.
Now into solving which traffic file is causing the crash (gets to 89%)