The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

File Folder disappearing/deleted in Windows 7

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

File Folder disappearing/deleted in Windows 7

Post by phantomfreak »

I need some help. Got on my computer this afternoon and was going to do some flight sim stuff, when I went to open the folder that I normally keep all my flight sim programs stored I got this error message saying the folder was inaccessible. OK, so I reboot my computer to see if that would fix my issue. However when it started back up and got to the windows log in screen, my mouse was frozen, so I rebooted again. This time I go the black screen with the option start windows normally. Did that thinking that was ok. Then I get another message saying checking E: drive (the drive I keep it on), it does its thing and I come back to login. That's when I discovered the folder I keep my paintkits, afcad, ade9,... and so on was gone. I'm pretty sure I did not delete the folder (it's a big folder). What can I do to try to recover them?

I'm got Windows 7 64 Bit Home edition
Bazinga!
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: File Folder disappearing/deleted in Windows 7

Post by phantomfreak »

Actually I found them in some directory? folder. Now how they got there, I don't know.
Bazinga!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: File Folder disappearing/deleted in Windows 7

Post by John Young »

You are not alone. I have done that a few times. When I'm designing I'm constantly moving files around my hard drive and I do it quickly. If I do it too quickly and I jog my hand, I can accidentally move a folder into the one below it and not notice it.

John