The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Oopps!

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
johnnyjolly
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Oopps!

Post by johnnyjolly »

Hello everybody,

Advice needed please. I've been playing around with Oliver Fishers Buecker 131B jungmann as an AI model. Initially, it was going round in circles so never actually made the runway. Various tinkering in ACM got it nearly there, it would yaw in a circle on initial roll out then correct itself. It 'flew' quite well, slow climb and descent, no leaping about in the sky, just seemed to use rudder instead of ailerons for turns.
I've since made other alterations that have left it nose heavy - it tries to taxi but bounces all over still with its nose buried then crashes. I'm not sure if it's a CofG problem or engine positioning, weights and so on. I'm quite new to converting models for AI so any advice would be welcome please.

(I've tried to attach a screenshot - system says it's too large 1178x 580 333k.)

Regards
John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Oopps!

Post by Firebird »

OK I will do a dangerous thing here and make an assumption.
I am guessing that what you are doing is trying to modify the fde that comes with it. This normally doesn't work out so well.

What you do is take an existing AI aircraft that is of the same type and use that as a base.

People generally start with a default MS plane. Not sure about FSX but from FS9 you could start with the Curtiss Jenny.

You start off by moving the contact_points to fit the new mdl and then gradually make changes as necessary until you are satisfied.

Now you could also start from other peoples AI aircraft but if you wanted to make it available to anybody else you would need permission from them.

Does this help?
Steve
johnnyjolly
Cadet
Cadet

Post by johnnyjolly »

HI Steve,
All advice is welcome. I'd forgotten about the Jenny - which fits in dynamically with what I'd like to achieve, slow climbs and speed.

Many thanks!

Regards
John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

John Young did an AI Tiger Moth, it is similar, You would need to ask his ok to use it though.

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

John, if you can tell me where to download Oliver Fishers Buecker 131B jungmann model, I'll test it for you as you have it and also with my Tiger Moth FDE if I need to.

John
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

John(s),

There is an AI Jungmann on Flightsim.cz, in its Czech form as an Aero C104S. You'll find it on page 2 of the AI aircraft downloads, as part of a pack of 9 assorted light aircraft types. I hope this helps.

Jon G
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Is that the same aircraft that jonnyjolly is using?

John
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

I don't think so.; it's a dedicated AI one, I think by Pavel Toman. Possibly only 1 LOD, but still better suited for AI, I assume.

Jon G
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=147733

The Oliver Fischer download on AVSIM

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
johnnyjolly
Cadet
Cadet

Post by johnnyjolly »

John Young wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 20:10 Is that the same aircraft that jonnyjolly is using?

John
I sent you a PM John with a link and also the cfg file I've cobbled together.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No problem, I saw the PM straight after I posted here. I've spent an hour on the contact points this morning and I've sent you some revised values.

John
johnnyjolly
Cadet
Cadet

Post by johnnyjolly »

Hello again,

Just to say, thanks to John, the little Buecker is flying around Europe very well.

Thanks for your responses.

John