The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

issue with aifp

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

issue with aifp

Post by tornado3367 »

hi guys im having an issue with ai flight planner and windows 11. its alright when i open it but when i try to use the dropdown aircraft list, it does not come down. also when i go to close it down using the close button or the minimize button it doesn't close or minimize. does anyone else use windows 11 so they can tell me how to fix this or is anyone suffering from the same problem?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: issue with aifp

Post by Firebird »

I use Windows 11 with absolutely no problem, although I don't have P3D, it works fine with FS9 and FSX.

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe you haven't set the path to P3D or its cfg which is why you get nothing. Other than that I would refer you to section 9 of his manual to see where it all goes wrong.
As I understand it either you have to create a master list to start with or you have to amend one that exists, i.e. load an existing flightplan.

Maybe the best option to try first is renaming the folder, to save your settings, and installing it fresh.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by tornado3367 »

i tried to launch the program when not extracted, but it worked just fine and the aircraft and airports folders work. does it still work when not extracted
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I don't know for sure but I would guess not. The reason being that it needs to find the other files and libs that are needed.
Why would you run it still zipped up?
Steve