The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Old FS2002 models as FS2004 AI ?

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Old FS2002 models as FS2004 AI ?

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

I will need a little help with Modelconverterx.
Indeed, I installed old models of Aircrafts of FS2000/FS2002 to make them aircraft in my FS2004.
I put .Air (FDE) files from AI models of FS2004 and the same for the Aircraft.cfg files.
The models present well in FS2004. Except for the animated parts. And planes are flying well.
The landing trains are not visible, as are the governs and finons are constantly running.

How is it possible to restore order to the animated parts with Modelconverterx?

The FS2000/2002 models include an MPI file in addition to the MDL.

Thank you so much.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Old FS2002 models as FS2004 AI ?

Post by Firebird »

I am willing to be corrected here but I believe that for the animations to show up you will need to have the animations defined.

For FS2004 this was done in the MakeMDL.parts.xml that was used in the compiling process and I have never seen this added to a model download by a modeller.

Without this you will need to define each animation individually, through MCX but you will not know the triggering mechanism, so you will have to reinvent the wheel for each animation.

I don't believe that MCX will generate a file for you, for FS2004, but I would love to be wrong.
Steve