The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX Acceleration

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

FSX Acceleration

Post by VulcanDriver »

Have installed FSX as part of my new dedicated Game PC I've installed the Acceleration pack. It installed correctly but I can't register it online or phone as its no longer supported MS. Consequently I get an error code an FSX shuts down after 30 minutes. The registration box is also missing I'm using Windows 11.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: FSX Acceleration

Post by hschuit »

Maybe this helps - worked for me in W11:

After installing the Acceleration disk, FSX will produce an error upon launch because the Acceleration activation box does not work.
Exit FSX completely and then follow these instructions:

1. Run Registry Editor, expand the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

2. After you find the key, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

3. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr (note, this is case sensitive), delete any other word that may be next to it and click OK.
If PartMgr was already there do this: Double click UpperFilters and where PartMgr is blue just type 0 and click OK.
Then repeat this and change the 0 back to PartMgr and click ok. Then when you open FSX the Acceleration activation box should work.

4. Close Registry Editor and reboot Computer.

5. Start FSX, this time the online activation box should come up.

6. In File Explorer, Open the FSX.exe properties and select the Compatibility tab.

7. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" checkbox and select option Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks will try that.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks, that worked, strange it didnt display the registraion box

Cheers
John