The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NMAI F4s not showing textures.

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

NMAI F4s not showing textures.

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys

I've installed the NMAI RAF F-4s with textures repaints from MAIW. These are the Squadrons based at Leuchars. However all the F-4s are black, sometimes they do show the textures but then they vanish. I'm using FSX and these are FS9 models and textures. Visiting aircraft (FSX) do not have this problem.

Any ideas?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: NMAI F4s not showing textures.

Post by John Young »

There is probably an error, perhaps a typo, in one or more of the F4 texture folders. Because FSX loads the textures randomly, you get a different number of good textures each time until the faulty folder is reached, when the remainder turn black. If the faulty folder is the first tom load, they will all be black.

Same issue as reported on the F-100 conversion earlier this week and solved with a typo correction.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John

I'll investigate.

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

John
Check your PM's

Regards Paul Day.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 13:54 There is probably an error, perhaps a typo, in one or more of the F4 texture folders. Because FSX loads the textures randomly, you get a different number of good textures each time until the faulty folder is reached, when the remainder turn black. If the faulty folder is the first tom load, they will all be black.

Same issue as reported on the F-100 conversion earlier this week and solved with a typo correction.

John

I've noiced there are two different mdls in the model folder but only one in the cfg file. Could this be causing a problem. Also the texture file is missing the _T

Cheers
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Found the problem (s). First the cfg file was pointing at the FS9 mdl not the FSX mdl. Secondly the 111Sqn textures was causing the black aircraft.
John