The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Honington

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

RAF Honington

Post by VulcanDriver »

Has anyone got RAF Honington scenery for FSX I've got the FS9 version but the trees are not showing up correctly.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Honington

Post by TimC340 »

I thought Ian MacCartney was doing it - he certainly put it out for MSFS. Nothing is listed at https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/uk.html.

Again, the UK2000 VFR series includes it, but it's in the state the RAF Regiment turned it into, which probably isn't very helpful! Where's the FS9 version? I can have a look and see if replacing the trees is doable.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

TimC340 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 13:31 I thought Ian MacCartney was doing it - he certainly put it out for MSFS. Nothing is listed at https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/uk.html.

Again, the UK2000 VFR series includes it, but it's in the state the RAF Regiment turned it into, which probably isn't very helpful! Where's the FS9 version? I can have a look and see if replacing the trees is doable.

Hi Tim

Its on FlightSim hope you can help. The scenery isn't bad to be honest.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... fid=122316

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ah, the old UKMil one - of which I think Ian McCartney was on the design team, and some of their sceneries were very good indeed. I'll have a look and see what I can do.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Tim. Now going through my traffic files to find out why I'm getting GA parking in combat parking spots..
John

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi John. This is the airfield in P3Dv5. Surprisingly, it works pretty well, so it should work just fine in FSX. There are a couple of missing textures (it may need a UKMil Common Library for these), but everything seems to work ok. The trees are all from the MTrees directory, which are in the MAIW Global Library, IIRC, so if you have that you should be fine. I converted the various libraries in the scenery, but I had no need to do anything with the trees as I already had them Indeed, they aren't in the scenery at all - only placings are in it - so all you should need to do is make sure you have an FSX-compatible version of whichever library they're in.

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

VulcanDriver wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 22:46 Thanks Tim. Now going through my traffic files to find out why I'm getting GA parking in combat parking spots..
Do you use Traffic Global, or one of the older Just Flight traffic programs? For some reason, they bung a lot of GA traffic into EGXH! Of course, in this scenery there are only Mil_Combat parking slots, so they'll park in those if they can't find anything else.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

is there anwhere I can get the UKMil Common Librarys from. Can't find the UKMil site.
John

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

The site is now moribund, and I assume The Gaffer has left the field. There was a half-hearted attempt to revitalise UKMil about 5 or 6 years ago, but I think that most of the 'talent' from there and ACG had all relocated to MAIW, or gone solo, so it never caught on. Let me see what I've got - as I say, I'm seeing some missing textures, so I may not be able to help.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Tim. Removed all the GA Traffic but still seeing parking in the Combat parking. So frustrating.
John

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

What civilian traffic are you using?
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

VulcanDriver wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 15:16 is there anwhere I can get the UKMil Common Librarys from. Can't find the UKMil site.
Check PMs

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"