The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Elmendorf AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi guys

Are the Raptors still in a kind of test phase at Elmendorf? I see 4 of them fly only one sortie on Monday, and the other two only 2 times 1 circuit per day...

They are still converting or something right?

Thanks for the help,

Greg
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

They are not testing, just transitioning.
It looks like I just forgot to flesh out those flights. I am sure I will get to them in an update some day.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Ah no problem Danny, I'll add some flights myself.

Thank you for the answer.
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

The last I knew there are 8 on the base but more will soon arrive.

Thanks for the info on the Monday flight.
sitterwolf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Aircraft disappear!

Post by sitterwolf »

After the a/c (only F15!!) has landed and the tower gives the clearence to taxi to the parking, the f-15´s disappear!
Can anyone help me? I use the original MAIW-AFCAD.
Wolf

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Which runway are they landing on when this happens??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Awesome job indeed. I thought I was pretty good at AFCADs, but the detail just in PAED is going to make me redo some of my packages to be close to par. I saw the thread on the BAK12 system, is there anyway to add this to other scenery, as most bases that have fast jet traffic have this a-gear?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

There is indeed, you just need the scenery model and texture files to compile it to a library and then it can be used with any library based scenery placer like EZ Scenery etc.

Slowly but surely I'm building libraries of military related items like the BAK-12 system. Eventually I want to share them with the public when I feel like they're ready. But MAIW packages get first priority of course.

Don't ask me when that will they will be ready, I don't know.
-Mike G.

BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Here is an unofficial update to the flightplans that will get the F-22s up and running like they were supposed to. You will need to remove the flightplans from the package (Traffic_MAIW_Elmendorf) and replace them with these.

Keep a hold of the old ones just in case I screwed these up somehow. I don't think I did but you never know. I have 3 versions of Elmendorf on my computer!
Attachments
Traffic_elmendorf.bgl
(45.96 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

I am one of the 19 (at this writing) who downloaded this new trafic file. It failed for me so I returned the original and all was back to the previous. Perhaps more info or another effort by someone will help the Elmendorf package. I will look forward to more C-17s as well as F-22s, and hopefully, other a/c.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hmmm...I am not sure what other help you are looking for. I am the project manager for the package and I wrote the flightplans. You say it failed...what did not work?

The reason I say it is unofficial is because it did not go through the MAIW beta process...but I did use my original flightplan files and just added the extra legs for the F-22s. Elmendorf only has 8 F-22s and one C-17 at the time of the package creation.
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

Sorry Danny, The original package works fine. The new traffic bgl didn't work for me so I put the original back in and all is fine. When I put the newer traffic file in no AI a/c showed up from the Elmendorf package. This is FS9.

In the future more F-22s will be at the base and C-17s, too. So a future traffic file could add more of them.
sitterwolf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by sitterwolf »

MIKE JG wrote:Which runway are they landing on when this happens??
They are landing on Rwy 34.
Wolf

BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I certainly took no offense..it's just that my aircraft show up fine with the new file. AITM shows no missing aircraft from the package. Ah well, all it did was make the F-22s fly one more mission per day, through Friday.
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

I must have made a mistake. Not the first time, lol. I'll try again in a couple days. As no one mentions a problem it is very likely my error.

I've been finding the F-22 flights and getting a visiting U-2 a/c. It just gets better.
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Aircraft disappear!

Post by alexrfixit »

sitterwolf wrote:After the a/c (only F15!!) has landed and the tower gives the clearence to taxi to the parking, the f-15´s disappear!
Can anyone help me? I use the original MAIW-AFCAD.
I've noticed this as well, the aircraft land, taxi off the runway, get clearance to taxi to parking then vanish! Could it bo something to do with parking radii? I notice some of Nick's F15s have a 12m radius, others have 9m?

Edit - Think I may have sussed this, looking at the flightplans for some of the F15s, I'm not sure they can complete one leg of the plan before the next one is due to start. Would this cause the aircraft to disappear? The flightplan I am looking at is for Aircraft 22, haven't checked out any others yet.
Last edited by alexrfixit on 19 Oct 2007, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Where did I put my beer??!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Are you guys watching them with MRAI viewer? If so it may be related to that. For some reason I recall noticing this issue as well. As long as I switched views off of that aircraft it went about its business.
-Mike G.

alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

MIKE JG wrote:Are you guys watching them with MRAI viewer? If so it may be related to that. For some reason I recall noticing this issue as well. As long as I switched views off of that aircraft it went about its business.
I'm using the Traffic explorer that comes with Microsofts Traffic Toolbox, have never known it give me a problem before.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm.......yea Traffic Explorer wouldn't do that.

Which model is this happening with.....F-15C or D, F-22, C-17, E-3, C-12?
-Mike G.

alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

MIKE JG wrote:Hmmm.......yea Traffic Explorer wouldn't do that.

Which model is this happening with.....F-15C or D, F-22, C-17, E-3, C-12?
It WAS the F15c - I have just swapped the Flightplans.bgl file for Danny's updated one (with the extra F22 flights in it) and now my F15s are taxiing in quite happily!! Now I'm REALLY confused!!