The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Military Scenery Objects

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Military Scenery Objects

Post by mikewmac »

Back before the advent of MAIW there was both discussion and progress posted on the Military AI forum at FSGateway about creation of military scenery objects such as aircraft shelters, hangers, engine test buildings, etc. that could be placed with EZ-Scenery. Other than Otter515's excellent work on the Osan scenery, did any of this ever get completed and if so, where can it be found? :?: :?:

Mike
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I think it kind of floundered :(

Scenery designers are in short supply these days. I do not believe any of the packages slated for release have any custom scenery.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Does anyone know of a source of Hardened Aircraft Shelters that can be imported into something like EZ scenery? There are some excellent ones in the Leeming and Spangdahlem sceneries - and at Leeming the large RAF hangars, too. It really would be great if these items coud be made available.
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

BLACKCAT wrote:Does anyone know of a source of Hardened Aircraft Shelters that can be imported into something like EZ scenery? There are some excellent ones in the Leeming and Spangdahlem sceneries - and at Leeming the large RAF hangars, too. It really would be great if these items coud be made available.
My Spangdahlem ones can be used but they are gmax model files. The shelters are in the Osan and Incirlik scenery as well as the other shelters.

Im happy to contribute and allow these (and maybe other requested objects which i could model) to be used for MAIW. I dont have time to create any full sceneries as i am now doing payware sceneries. I had Spangdahlem 50% done, which was all built with gmax, ground, taxiways the lot. It made the freeware one look poor to be fair. Everything was built from scratch and then i bought FSX and realised i was going to have to scrap it because all the new terrain problems.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I believe that the program that I use, SBuilder has the ability to place objects from a pre-made library, whether it be E-Z Scenery objects, FSDS objects, GMax objects, whatever, at will with the ability to scale them in size as well.

Can someone confirm this, I'll have to look at the SBuilder docs to confirm.

If so, I'm discussing this very topic in another forum on here, this would allow myself and others to quickly produce custom scenery using pre-made scenery objects.

BTW, nice touch with the arrestor cables at Osan, I grinned when I saw those out on the runway there, really adds to the scenery.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

I think it would be very useful to the Military AI user community to have available the military objects commonly used in the creation of military airbase scenery compiled into a scenery library that is compatible with EZ-Scenery much like Otter515 did with the objects for his Osan scenery. This would allow many of we scenery design challenged folks to relatively easily make our favorite military airbases much more realistic. :idea:

Mike
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Can the making of scenery objects openly available be progressed by this site's staff? Please!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

We don't have anyone that does custom scenery at the moment.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Calvin Gwin »

Before I became the PR Director and a Admin I was origionaly supposed tobe a scenery designer. But my computer hasnt been liking FS very well lately so I havnt been able to do much work with it at all. Plus I have been having a Real Time Strategy kick so thats been cutting in as well. In fact because of my FS slowdowns I havnt even download any of our packages yet. I am so ashamed!
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by KMTC »

I would really love to get my hands on some bak-12 runway markings if anyone has them :D
Matt