The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Listing Of Military Scenerys

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
flightsimdev
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Listing Of Military Scenerys

Post by flightsimdev »

Joseph29 wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 10:33
flightsimdev wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 07:48 RAAF Base Williamtown YWLM
RAAF Base Pearce YPEA
RAAF Base Point Cook YMPC
RAAF Base East Sale YMES

Some bases found on http://flightsimdev.com for Australia
Wow! nice stuff at that site. Now all that is needed is some more RAAF AI that works in P3D. The only one I have is the Orion's.
I built an AI package that is so extensive it now installs over 19gb of just AI for the whole globe. MIlitary, Domestic, International, Helicopters, Cruise Ships, Sail boats, you name it, it probably has it, all flight plans native FSX, all air files fixed, all config files fixed, basically everything fixed, I can't find anything to fix anymore and it works great in my P3D v4.5 PP. Email me and we can have a chat if you need an AI package made free.
If it's not right the first time, don't bother doing it at all!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sounds impressive, but is the work all yours and if not, do you have licenses for distribution?

John
flightsimdev
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by flightsimdev »

John sorry for the long delay, but can I ask this of you.

If you design an aircraft

A. Get in contact with the air-frames manufacturer and get permission to use the design and have that permission in writing
B. Get in contact with the air-frames livery for that aircraft and have written permission to use it?
C. Get in contact with the aircraft's manufacturer and ask for permission to use the logo?
D. Get permission to use the name on the aircraft from whom ever owns that name.

If your answer to any or all of these is no, then how can you ever claim copyright for something you made whether in MDL format or anything else if you never had permission to copy in the first place?

I understand copyright laws where I am, hence why I never make airports using the original images where possible, and make my airports not 100% identical to it's real counterpart in the real world, AI is no different you completely use everything the original counterpart has so in your case I would seek permission to use that information before even attempting to copy it then calling it your own.
If it's not right the first time, don't bother doing it at all!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes for scenery I did. I visited airports and various RAF bases and was hosted by staff there. They were happy for me to photograph, as directed and permission was granted for the projects using textures derived from those images. Their view, particularly the RAF, was that flight simulation is good for recruitment.

No, I didn't for AI. Do you think any freeware developer does that? Do you remember the American Airlines instruction, many years ago, not to use it's livery on FS models? It was rescinded a short while later because it deprived them of advertising.

I am not claiming copyright of the original aircraft or paint schemes, just the Gmax model and texture files that I created. Most people in the FS world respect that. Widespread piracy in the designer population would kill the hobby, as would the impracticalities of consulting aircraft manufacturers and operators before opening a new Gmax file.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

flightsimdev wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 04:53 John sorry for the long delay, but can I ask this of you.

If you design an aircraft

A. Get in contact with the air-frames manufacturer and get permission to use the design and have that permission in writing
B. Get in contact with the air-frames livery for that aircraft and have written permission to use it?
C. Get in contact with the aircraft's manufacturer and ask for permission to use the logo?
D. Get permission to use the name on the aircraft from whom ever owns that name.

If your answer to any or all of these is no, then how can you ever claim copyright for something you made whether in MDL format or anything else if you never had permission to copy in the first place?

I understand copyright laws where I am, hence why I never make airports using the original images where possible, and make my airports not 100% identical to it's real counterpart in the real world, AI is no different you completely use everything the original counterpart has so in your case I would seek permission to use that information before even attempting to copy it then calling it your own.

get a grip man ! its a hobby at the end of the day, you post on average twice a year and then have a go at one of our most productive model maker out there, you and I know what permissions you need to release scenery or aircraft textures or model's, so stop being stupid.