The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by haroldkip »

MIKE JG wrote:a screenshot would help.
Here you go Mike. Hope this helps ... any thoughts would be appreciated!

I also have the issue with the Raptors in the shelter at the Pair-O-Dice area.
However, mine looks different than the shot Ford Friendly showed us ...

Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

My screenshot was actually taken after sneaking the parking spots forward in the shelters as far as possible without the nose sticking out the front.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Thanks, we know about that hangar size issue, that will be corrected in V3 along with a couple other little things. Reference the Michael Carr objects, not sure if those are part of this package or not. I'll have to do some double checking. They sure look like they were placed on purpose. John Stinstrom would know better.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It does look like MCDmil humvees are included.

Using the pics from Harold I checked and found that mine are camo'd just fine.
So I am wondering if the MCDMil library is in the right place in your FS9 scenery hierarchy. Mine is below the Elmendorf scenery in the list. As I understand it, an object has to be below the scenery that is calling it.

I realise that somebody will shoot me down in flames now, but all I can say is that it works for me. Let us know whether it helps or not for guys with the problem.
Steve
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by haroldkip »

Firebird wrote:I am wondering if the MCDMil library is in the right place in your FS9 scenery hierarchy. Mine is below the Elmendorf scenery in the list. As I understand it, an object has to be below the scenery that is calling it.
Below, above or even to the left of right of the Elmendorf scenery doesn't make a difference.

I'll recheck it in my 'test Flight Simulator'. And yes, I know I am a nerd :lol: :roll:

I have multiple flight Simulators Setup. One is for testing purposed only and anything that passes my tests are moved into my main flight simulator ...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is really, really weird.
Can we check that we are all using the same version of the lib, mine is 2.89MB in size dated 17th may 06 and placed in my Static Objects Library folder which is activated below my Elmendorf scenery folder.

The only thing I can think of is that the instructions say to put the textures into the \Addon Scenery\texture folder whereas I placed mine in the \Addon Scenery\Static Objects Library\Texture and the bgl in the \Addon Scenery\Static Objects Library\Scenery folder with the rest of my rwy12/ez-scenery libs.

Does anybody do/have anything different?

If anybody has the freeware SysInternals Filemon proggy then it might be worth running it and going to Elmendorf to see which texture is missing.
Steve
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

05-4097 now a Holloman 22 :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

LOL, yeah it maybe but the package is created for a point in time, when we have about 100 active staff and contributors we might be able to do weekly updates but until then ...

However, this is in no way the biggest change that has happened since the package was laid down and yet nobody has mentioned that. Which we all thought that somebody would.
Steve
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

Firebird wrote:LOL, yeah it maybe but the package is created for a point in time, when we have about 100 active staff and contributors we might be able to do weekly updates but until then ...

However, this is in no way the biggest change that has happened since the package was laid down and yet nobody has mentioned that. Which we all thought that somebody would.
just trying to help out for the future update is all. Not suggesting weekly updates by any means.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I know you are not, but there maybe so newer members that might think that its feasible.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Here is the C-17 that crashed last month in case anyone wants to take it out of their copy of this package..... :cry:

AC#67,366,"MAIW_PAI_C17A_RCH_AK_517_00-0173
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

Ooooo...a version 3? (mentioned above)...cant wait. As for taking that C-17 out, I think I let it live on and do its thing.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Kurosaki wrote:Ooooo...a version 3? (mentioned above)...cant wait. As for taking that C-17 out, I think I let it live on and do its thing.
No.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

Hi Guys, no AI Aircraft showing up with Scenery I have Lemoore, Miramar, Nellis AFB NAF Atsug and Beauford installed
they all work great but Elemdorf AFB is a no show. I am useing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on I7 960 @ 3.20GHZ with 6GB
of ram I am useing FS9 and FSX any advice would be great I have deleted it and renistalled it. But still no AI aircraft show
up. Cheers Greg 8)
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by haroldkip »

Check if you have duplicate AFCAD's for PAED ...
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Conflict between different traffic files (FS9 format v. FSX - you say you run both)?
Dan
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

Ok I have checked for duplicate AFCAD's for PAED no duplicates. I am only useing MAIW in FS9 at this stage havent had time to do the Conversion for FSX as yet so we rule that out. Now I observed this I suspect this is the the problem
PAED This is the Runway List Active Runway then 5,23,15.33 but no Mil Combat parking spaces as in the other packages that
I have installed that do work so is this correct for PAED no parking spaces? PS I have watched a Silent F-15 and a Silent
C-17 both fly into PAED but once they land they vanish no taxi to parking spots. Cheers Greg 8)
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

gregone wrote:Ok I have checked for duplicate AFCAD's for PAED no duplicates. I am only useing MAIW in FS9 at this stage havent had time to do the Conversion for FSX as yet so we rule that out. Now I observed this I suspect this is the the problem
PAED This is the Runway List Active Runway then 5,23,15.33 but no Mil Combat parking spaces as in the other packages that
I have installed that do work so is this correct for PAED no parking spaces? PS I have watched a Silent F-15 and a Silent
C-17 both fly into PAED but once they land they vanish no taxi to parking spots. Cheers Greg 8)
Do you have the AFB Scenery showing up, as it sounds to me like you have not activated the scenery folder? Just may be......

What you are seeing is the default microsoft AFD.

Mark
Mark
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

campbeme wrote:
gregone wrote:Ok I have checked for duplicate AFCAD's for PAED no duplicates. I am only useing MAIW in FS9 at this stage havent had time to do the Conversion for FSX as yet so we rule that out. Now I observed this I suspect this is the the problem
Do you have the AFB Scenery showing up, as it sounds to me like you have not activated the scenery folder? Just may be......

What you are seeing is the default microsoft AFD.

Yes PAED is activated the AFB Scenery shows up fine I just went into FS9 and unactivated it then activated just to see
the difference between the two but I do have AFB scenery showing up. So in Answer to my question should I have parking
spaces like I do in other MAIW packages? Cheers Greg 8)

Mark
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by haroldkip »

This still sounds like an AFCAD problem to me, because you have the scenery showing up.

How did you check for duplicate AFCAD's?

I always use ScanAFD to check for duplicate AFCAD's, so I suggest that you try that: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... canafd.zip
Make sure that you check 'Show Duplicates' and scan in 'All scenery addon directories' and 'include disabled sceneries'.

It should list only two files: MAIW_AF2_PAED_Custom.bgl and MAIW_AF2_PAED_DEFAULT_DB_MG.bgl

This is unlikely but ... it could also be that you don't have the Elmendorf AI aircraft in your AI folder.
There should be (or at least mine has) 10 MAIW aircraft folders in your aircraft directory.

Hope this helps :wink: