The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Base wish list.

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Weescotty wrote:Holloman AFB - Need a home for my Nighthawks.
From the description:

KHMN_2.zip (same as KHMN.zip but with missing install instructions) - Holloman Air Force Base - Alamogordo (White Sands), New Mexico, USA.
At least it used to be.

Only the default buildings and radio freqs, and names stayed the same. Removed one runway and added 2 more. Runway 34 was the default runway, now ATC has Runway 34 Left and 34 Right, also 22 Left and Right.

The Tower was moved slightly to allow the placement of taxiways, something that was drasticlly missing. Installed grass instead of dirt, placed a ressivor for fire-fighting, and placed a large apron where there was none before. All aprons, and takiways are concrete, runways are, asphalt, to aid in locating the runways easier from the air.

Built (rebuilt) with AFCAD (required for installation). Placed, as there were NO parking spaces, 150 Cargo Ramps (all with UPS parking designators). Kokopelli Air Cargo is a fictional Virtual Airline, and one needs a place to call home. KHMN was chosen as it had no real usage, being that the taxiways had no names and the only place to park, was the default runway. ATC now recognizes all Parking, Taxiways etc with directions to and from the runways)

If anyone has the utilities to add/remove buildings please contact me, as this would be a nice Terminal if the right type buildings were in place. Also, part of the City of Alamogordo is in the wrong place, there is a thirteen mile difference between the city, and the Base. Subsequently, there are some buidings in the glide path for runway 34 R. Not a real problem, it just looks bad.

CWLoew cwloew@charter.net
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

At AVSIM

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AFCAD Files
Military Parking- Andrews, Langley And Holloman

Images related to this file:

andrews,_langley_and_holloman-1.jpg
andrews,_langley_and_holloman-2.jpg
andrews,_langley_and_holloman-3.jpg

File Description:
AFCAD V2 2004 military parking for Holloman, Andrews and Langley AFB.

Filename: andrews,_langley_and_holloman.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 4th November 2003
Downloads: 1974
Author: Dave O'Brien
Size: 151kb
GZR_SACTARGETS
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

US Air Force
North Carolina
KGSB
Seymour-Johnson AFB
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Seymour Johnson is a tough one. It has those funky runways. If I remember correctly, I thought the best way to do that one was an overlay to get all the runways active.

I am sure we won't get after it until after an AI F-15 comes out. Maybe someone will do it in the meantime.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Actually I'm already working on the AFCAD. I'm stationed at Shady-J. I just haven't been able to find good Frame rate freindly F-15E's.

Cheers

Scott
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

BadPvtDan wrote:Seymour Johnson is a tough one. It has those funky runways. If I remember correctly, I thought the best way to do that one was an overlay to get all the runways active.

I am sure we won't get after it until after an AI F-15 comes out. Maybe someone will do it in the meantime.
Seymour Johnson only has one runway...its a big one but theres only one. It'd be a nice base to have, though that'd be a bias opinion on my part since I'm less than a hour from there :wink: when we finally get some F-15s then, we'd be in business :D
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Cherry Pt MCAS (KNKT) has a pretty funky Runway layout. It's like a big X w/ the ends of all 4 runways meeting in the middle. That would be a good one to have as well
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I'm a big idiot. Which airfield am I talking about?

EDIT:
Cherry Point MCAS is the one I am talking about. Pay no attention to me!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
cypherus
Cadet
Cadet

Base wish list comment.

Post by cypherus »

I have been following this thread for a while now while busy putting together and single reprsentation of a former RAF/USAF/RAF/Partially Closed central Norfolk airbase...It's turned out better than I hoped for a first attempt, I guess the purist's will want too burn my house down for the effort but the one thing I do need for it's completion is a stock of Static USAF/RAF a/c models for placement on the base, it has all the required fittings for AI but will come with none as I use a commericial package for this and it does not like tampering at all. So if anyone has anything like the required or nows of such let me know all the quicker for the posting.
drmweaver2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drmweaver2 »

What you could do is just use the AI aircraft you have already.

Make a flight plan for those you desire to remain static where they take off and land in the middle of the night at a time you're not likely to be there - probably a short flight, say two circuits, one TNG? Use a 24hr repetition rate.

The aircraft should remain "active" yet staticly parked on the ramp throughout the day.

To preserve your parking spot, try this. Create a unique entry in the aircraft.cfg file for the ones you want static. For example, use "atc_parking_codes=stat" in the cfg file. Now, using AFCAD 2.2, modify the parking codes entry in the afcad to be "stat".

You get the benefit of not having even slight differences in modeling or textures between those you want flying and those you want static as well as nearly immediate "satisfaction" of your goal. You just have to type a little bit.

I'm pretty sure this will work.
John
"I may be old and slow, but when I waddle down the hill to a group of cows, I get 'em all - unlike the randy young bulls who get too excited and are totally spent after fun with just one."
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

John is correct with his flight plan to you. Even a once a week flight will work. I have different aircraft depart on different days, around 2-3 in the morning. I do a regular flight plan to a nearby airport, even a grass field, it doesn't matter.

Now if your AFCAD for the base is for your own use, what I also do for all the 'stat' aircraft is I do not connect the 'stat' parking spots to a apron taxi connector link. The aircraft once a week, since they cannot actually taxi, disappear for about an hour, and then return. Now if you run a AFCAD error routine it will mention those spots, but since you know what they are doing, so what?