USAF F-117A Nighthawk package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by benclark »

Guess that's understandable (for these and the T-37s), still gonna update the plans with the correct rego's and move the days around on some, I think a pair doing squadron type flights is cool but not every aircraft doing the same flights lol. If it's ok with you guys I'll post them here when I'm finished.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

post them in the general ai section, wanna keep this one topic for the actual package :wink:
beckerm13
Cadet
Cadet

Post by beckerm13 »

Has anyone experienced the F-117s changing to a white color after moving back from them some distance?

Marty
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Not only the 117's. I've noticed this with a numbe of other a/c. Not all were MAIW models. Civil and military. Would be nice to know why, and whether or not it were fixable.

Ron
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Probably to do with the LOD modeling. Not sure if LOD's allow texturing past a certain level. One of the ai modelers will know, I'll see if we can get one of them to chime in on this issue.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

I'm not sure what causes it, but have seen it various models from various sources.
Can only 'assume' as stated above that texturing is not done past a certain distance.
Maybe something in the in-game settings can be changed, I don't honestly know.
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

I believe its the last LOD that isn't textured normally, that's why ideally by then you want to be quite far away before that last shift. Doesn't matter once your airborne as white aircraft against white clouds doesn't stand out! :P
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Last LOD on the F-117 is LOD_005, so it doesn't show up until the aircraft is 5 pixels in size on the screen..
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Hey guys, I suspect that white color of far distance AI is because FS rendering engine, taking these textures as last ones in a looooong list of to do tasks per each frame ...
I hope the effect is reducing as video and processor hardware is improving?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer