The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Effects

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Effects

Post by Foxbat »

A friend and me suddenly have FAIB 737's with fighter blink rates for strobes and beacons. I uninstalled Matrix global, and after that, rates were normal. I think this happens because MAIW and P3D default have the same fx names, and the addons xml's effects are read before the default ones.
Andrew
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Effects

Post by Greg »

Yes that has been a side effect of our packages since FS9. You either have fighters with unrealistic lights or liners with unrealistic lights as long as they use the default effects. Since we're military themed, we could live with the second option. ;)

But since then many fighter models were updated with their own lights or the lights were built into the model during the conversion. I'll go through the aircraft.cfg files and check if we still need to provide the modified effects.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Effects

Post by Foxbat »

The simple solution would be to use your own effect names for all MAIW planes. I started out being a total civil freeware dude, but my heart is somehow military. We'll sort this out in time.
Andrew