Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by col1948 »

I just did a mod on an airfield, I added a new taxiway to save the ai back-tracking, I've done this on other airfields and had no problems but this time I went in after the mod and the aircraft is about 3ft above the ground.
Other objects like vehicles and ground equipment are fine but I think they are part of the scenery and never move.
So I put back the old AFCAD and still the aircraft are above the ground, it isn't a big deal as I can remove the scenery and add it again but wondered if it was a quick fix before I did it.

I was using the old AFCAD program too by the way, not used that newer program yet lol.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by jimrodger »

Might be another AFCAD of the airfield in a different folder.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Re: Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by JohnTenn »

Col

The AI traffic altitude is controlled by the altitude of the airport information that is loaded first.

All that is required is a stub with the airport heading information. (I opened a stub created by ADE.)

The old-school fix, I discovered at UK2000 forums, is to place a copy your afcad in the folder: FS9\Scenery\world\scenery.

Hope this helps.

John