The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hello to all

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Hello to all

Post by nickblack423 »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here at MAIW.

As most of you will know I have been away training for my new job which I am now 4 or so weeks into actually putting into practice. I have been extremely busy over the last few months and have had very little time to spare.

I am writing this to let you all know that I think, barring a miracle or becoming unemployed again I do not think I will be coming back to Military AI modelling for MAIW. I have been fortunate to have had a large amount of time where I could spend almost every waking moment pumping out a vast array of AI models for you, which I extremely enjoyed doing. However as always life changes, I have a very young family and a job that works shifts with occasional overtime. Even more so than that, I think the onslaught of AI models I did before going away has burnt me out, and having such a long time away from it has eroded my lust for it. These things happen as most of the staff here will tell you, I'm sad as it is something I enjoyed doing, but It just isn't something I want to spend my time doing anymore.

So my apologies to everyone who uses my models and the staff at MAIW that I won't be returning to AI model making anytime soon, if ever, but my heart is no longer in it I'm afraid.

I thank all of those who have supported me and helped me through all my experiences here at MAIW, it has been a pleasure to work with you all and I have made some wonderful friends from all over the world.

I will at some point try and package up my AI F-18E/F/G hornet and hand it to the MAIW staff so that they may use it for their packages in the future. My website will stay up for anyones reference but it may change format in the near future.

I welcome any comments here and if you wish to PM me please don't hesitate.

Thanks to all and stay safe.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello to all

Post by Makadocias »

No matter what happens Nick all the best of luck with whatever you do!

If you'll do the rest of things in life as you did with the models you made, you're bound to have a wonderfull life!

Really love your work and I'd love to express my gratitude for all the wonderfull work you did!

Thanks and God bless,

Paul Mak from the Netherlands :D
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hi Nick,

it is always sad to see a talented artist to retire from the scene. But a) you did not get paychecks for your models and b) you have a busy life with your job and - of course - your grown family. Won't be easy for the community to fill the gap you'll leave. :cry:

Even though it would be nice if you will step by from time to time!

PS: Maybe once you'll retire from your job and kids will have their own lives you may remember the fun you've had when modeling and the old fart I'll be then will see a NBAI F-35 :wink:

Good luck!
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

All the best Nick, and thanks for all you did.

Ciao, Giorgio
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Being an old fart, my interests in life have changed many, many times. Sometimes I come back to something that I was interested in the past.

Nick, I understand your situation completely. Having a family, let alone a young one, is a full time job in itself. I can only wish you and your family the best. And a great big Thank You for all the contributions you have made to make our flight simming more enjoyable.

Hopefully you can get that AI F-18E/F/G model over to the MAIW staff soon. I've been waiting for that one.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Hey Nick,

Glad things are going well for you and your Family. Sorry to see you depart from the FS scene but hey your work is everywhere on my setup so your never that far away. Hope you can stay in touch on the boards.

All the best ttyl

Mark :smt006
Last edited by campbeme on 06 Nov 2009, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Nick, all the very best for the future and good luck out there on the streets. I hope your stab vest is never tested :mrgreen: Both my neighbours are police officers and I have nothing but admiration for your profession.

I'd like to add my gratitude for everything you've done for us from your early Brize Norton scenery to your outstanding AI aircraft and the invaluable advice you've given to aspiring modellers.

Per ardua ad plod :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Nick, The entire MAIW and AI community owes you a debt of gratitude; Your outstanding work is second to none and all of your contributions are appreciated more than you know. Thank you for all you have done for us!!!
Matt

tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

Thought I'd add yet another huge thank you to the list :lol:
Your hawk has always been my favourite ai model, more than likely it always will be! All the best for the future!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

So, you're not going to do a Blackhawk?

Bwahahaha!

You know you wanna stay! Come on in, where it's warm!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thanks Nick for everything: your models, your inspiration, your help, and your friendship. We'll miss you buddy. Check in when you can and BE CAREFUL. You guys have a tough job to do that's not getting any easier.

God bless you and take care,
flyPWM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyPWM »

It's good to hear Nick that your job is going so good, but is also sad to know that the hobby is losing another quality modeler. We all know that you have to put real life ahead of hobby. Best wishes to you and your family. Doug D
agadir

Post by agadir »

All the best Nick for the future andthank you for all.

Best regards, Christophe
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Thanks for everything Nick, good luck in your future endeavors 8)
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Nick

We will miss you.

Be careful out there.

Chris
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Take care mate

and thanks for all the great A/C
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

Nick its sad to hear your heart is not in it anymore, you have given us so much and i thank you for that personally.
i for one will make sure your models live on, as new air forces replace or change there aircraft.
thank you for improving my hobby :mrgreen:

all the best NBAI !
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Fare thee well, friend. Thanks for everything! When you return, it will be as if you never left.

(BTW - I still think that you could produce a detailed, slick page, full color manual on how you create your models, publishing using the new on demand method - for example 'Capt Mike Ray books', and based on your reputation alone, make a truly nice 'continuing, on the side income' ! I would hate to admit publicly what I would pay for such a volume, but I cheerfully pay Mike Ray's price.)

The best to you!

Ron
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

The FS world is losing a truly talented modeller - but as I'm sure everyone who has been there knows, when you lose "it", "it" has gone.

You have what we hope is a rewarding career in an increasingly nasty world, and a future in your family.

Play safe in work, be strong in family and stay true to yourself. Good luck Nick.

Cheers
TheAaron.com
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TheAaron.com »

Very sad but happy for you to hear this Nick!

Your models were VERY much enjoyed by every keen simmer and we will defintaly enjoy your models for YEARS to come,

I for one really appreciate everything done here by yourself and the team and wish you all the best in your new near future!

A big thanks mate and,

Good Luck :wink: