The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAAF East Sale Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
fishlips

Re: RAAF East Sale Support Thread

Post by fishlips »

Ok, thanks Mark. Sorry for the confusion.
Target

Post by Target »

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to install all the RAAF WOAI/MAIW packages and because I do like to keep my own naming convention I decompiled the FP and combined them into one big RAAF flightplan set. Now when trying to install the FPs with AIFP it comes back with an error that it cannot find the data for "YME1". I have installed all the AFCADS/Sceneries from the Australian packages and made sure that AIFP updates it's own airport list with all the new installed AFCADS/sceneries but there is no info for YME1. It should be with this package as the PC-9 flightplans call for it.

So question: Is there any need for YME1 or should I just take the coordinates from the original FPs and make a airport.txt file with those coordinates that AIFP can then use?
Or should I replace YME1 in the flightplans with some other code?

Best regards,

Phil
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Target wrote:Hi all,

I'm currently trying to install all the RAAF WOAI/MAIW packages and because I do like to keep my own naming convention I decompiled the FP and combined them into one big RAAF flightplan set. Now when trying to install the FPs with AIFP it comes back with an error that it cannot find the data for "YME1". I have installed all the AFCADS/Sceneries from the Australian packages and made sure that AIFP updates it's own airport list with all the new installed AFCADS/sceneries but there is no info for YME1. It should be with this package as the PC-9 flightplans call for it.

So question: Is there any need for YME1 or should I just take the coordinates from the original FPs and make a airport.txt file with those coordinates that AIFP can then use?
Or should I replace YME1 in the flightplans with some other code?

Best regards,

Phil
Hi Phil,

You are correct there is no AFD supplied for YME1, but this is intentional for the package to work correctly. So I highly recommend leaving those co-ordinates in the flight plans no matter what your third party software is telling you.

Let me explain what I did here, In the morning 6 single ship Roulettes depart East Sale and head out over the sea to the co ordinates of YME1. When they arrive at those co ordinates they will all disappear from the game, because no airfield exists at the co ordinates. BUT....about the same time a 6 ship formation flight of Roulettes will spawn there and return to East Sale to perform over the airfield in formation. Once the training has finished they will fly back out over the sea to YME1 co ordinates, and disappear....you guessed it the 6 single ship Roulettes will re spawn and return to East Sale to land.

Hope you now understand my trickery. :D

Mark
Target

Post by Target »

Ah ok. Yeah I was kinda thinking it was one of those invisible waypoint style points, but usually I've seen AFCAD files for those like XXX1, XXX2, etc, so having none confused me a bit as, as you said, the planes would disappear at that point. But if they reappear at the same point to go and return then it makes sense.

Best regards,

Phil