The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975
Attachments
MAIW_ABO.zip
Simply drop this file into your MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Scenery folder to fix the elevation issue for the FCLP markings on the runways.
(688.97 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MAIW NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

This is a completely new support thread for V2 of this package.

The fixes from V1 include:
-Panel Lines added to all aircraft textrues
-Scenery aircraft shelter objects will no longer cause a crash when parked under them with crash detection enabled
-Readme file updated for various issues and missing credits added
-bonus texture added to one aircraft

If you installed version 1, your best bet is to simply remove it completely and install V2. If you don't like that option, you will still need to download version 2 and at a minimum, replace the following files/folders:

Replace the Readme file located in FS9/Military AI Works/United States/USN/NAS Lemoore
Replace ALL of the aircraft textures for each aircraft folder to be safe
Replace all of the scenery files (you don't need to replace the .bmp textures) just the .bgl scenery files inside FS9/Addon Scenery/MAIW NAS Lemoore (KNLC)/Scenery

New version is ~49 MB so plan accordingly.
-Mike G.

Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Thanks to all you guys for all the hard work put into, not only this package, but for all of them!
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by starlifterfan »

Thank you for all the hard work and support you give in all your packages. Your work and dedication is very much appreciated. You guys are awesome! :shock:
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

starlifterfan wrote:Thank you for all the hard work and support you give in all your packages. Your work and dedication is very much appreciated. You guys are awesome! :shock:
Ditto!
Dan
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I say that was a pretty quick turnaround considering all of the fixes and upgrades involved. Great job guys!

Ron
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Replace all of the scenery files (you don't need to replace the .bmp textures) just the .bgl scenery files inside FS9/Addon Scenery/MAIW NAS Lemoore (KNLC)/Scenery
I just started updating the NAS Lemoore package to Version 2 and noticed in the MAIW NAS Lemoore (KNLC)/scenery, that the afcad MAIW_AFX_KNLC_Custom has a date of 4/12/2010 and the one in Version 1 has a date of 4/27/2010. Should I replace the one in Version 1 with the one in Version 2 even though the one on Version 1 is newer?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Don't tell me we dorked that up as well! :cry:

I would keep them both for now until Mark wakes up over in the UK and he'll know which one is the correct one.
-Mike G.

Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

I kept the one from Version 1 and just did a test flight (FSX) with the VRS F/A-18E and things look OK. One thing I noticed, I started from underneath one of the shelters and when panning in exteriot view I could not see my aircraft through the bottom open part of the shelter. I could see the tarmac though. Not really a big deal to me.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea I think that's an FSX issue related to using FS9 made scenery in FSX.
-Mike G.

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Grape wrote:
I just started updating the NAS Lemoore package to Version 2 and noticed in the MAIW NAS Lemoore (KNLC)/scenery, that the afcad MAIW_AFX_KNLC_Custom has a date of 4/12/2010 and the one in Version 1 has a date of 4/27/2010. Should I replace the one in Version 1 with the one in Version 2 even though the one on Version 1 is newer?
Hey Grape,

Not sure what you have done there Grape but there is no AFX file dated 4/27/2010 in V1. Both V1 & V2 have the AFX file dated 4/12/2010. The package for V1 was compiled by Mike into the installer file on the 4/25/2010 so there is no way we produced a AFX with that date of 4/27/2010 in V1.

My guess is you viewed the AFX file and pressed save on the 4/27/2010 which created the date you see in your system. (My Guess dont shoot me. :D )

So to cut a long story short the official Date for the AFX file is 4/12/2010 :D

As for your scenery issue what Mike said sounds correct to me its a FSX Vs FS9 scenery issue. I do not have FSX so I cannot replicate the problem sorry.

Mark :D
Mark
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

My guess is you viewed the AFX file and pressed save on the 4/27/2010 which created the date you see in your system. (My Guess dont shoot me. )
Ya, I did open it in AFX but I don't remember if I saved it. Anyway, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Grape
KevinAu
Cadet
Cadet

Post by KevinAu »

After installing the NAS Lemoore V2 package, I noticed that there was no painted carrier deck on the runway with the IFOLS. I also noticed that the painted carrier deck on the runways at Meridian and Kingsville had disappeared as well. I have tried putting back the previous common scenery files that the Lemoore package had overwritten but that has not fixed the problem as well. Which files do I need to find and replace to fix this? Please look into this problem. Thank you.
KevinAu
Cadet
Cadet

Post by KevinAu »

KevinAu wrote:After installing the NAS Lemoore V2 package, I noticed that there was no painted carrier deck on the runway with the IFOLS. I also noticed that the painted carrier deck on the runways at Meridian and Kingsville had disappeared as well. I have tried putting back the previous common scenery files that the Lemoore package had overwritten but that has not fixed the problem as well. Which files do I need to find and replace to fix this? Please look into this problem. Thank you.
After overwriting the newer maiw_abo.bgl file in the maiw scenery library objects folder with the one that came with the kingsville package, the runway carrier deck reappeared in the three sceneries again. There might be something wrong with the newer abo file.
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Just an observation on this topic. Perhaps a slight exageration but I have found the contents of the ABO file different every time it has come with a scenery package. Invariably, the newer one has bgls or textures missing from its predecessor. I cross-check the new one with the old one to see if there have been any new additions.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Sounds like the newer one might have the FCLP markings object omitted.

The current ABO library should be 2661 Kb and have a revision date of 3/27/10. I just checked the last two packages and they both are using this version of the library. We do change the libraries from time to time and try our best to keep the contents exactly the same so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Are you guys referring to the text file breakdown for the ABO library contents? I don't think that is current, I usually don't include it in the package installer these days but it sometimes slips by me. But the latest ABO libraries should all be the same which means they are all probably missing the FCLP markings.

Kevin are you still at Express? Drop me a PM sometime.
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Ok, well it looks to me like the FCLP marking is still there but it doesn't show up when you are below about 1200 ft. msl. Is this what everyone else is experiencing? I couldn't see it at first but when I slewed upwards in altitude, it slowly started to appear out of the runway.
KNLC_Missing_FCLP_02.jpg
KNLC_Missing_FCLP_01.jpg
I guess at this point we'll have to get John Stinstrom on the case since it's his scenery. My theory is that since this is an older scenery, he designed it with an older copy of the MAIW ABO library. Since then my theory is that he has recompiled some of the objects in that libarary, like the FCLP markigns, and the new version was modeled lower than the old. That would explain why it's hiding in the runway now versus if you installed an older version of the MAIW ABO library, you see it clearly above the runway.

I did double check the latest version of the MAIW ABO library to make sure the model of the FCLP markings is still part of it and it is. So at this point, we might see if John can go back to his original placement file and raise the elevation of the FCLP markings model so that it shows up even at ground level.
-Mike G.

nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Does the FCLP marking drop into the ground partly when you are ground level? I had a similar problem with a package I am working on, and the problem was a second AFD for the base that was set at a slightly lower elevation. Making them the same cured the problem, but this may not be what is occuring here.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

MIKE JG wrote:Ok, well it looks to me like the FCLP marking is still there but it doesn't show up when you are below about 1200 ft. msl. Is this what everyone else is experiencing? I couldn't see it at first but when I slewed upwards in altitude, it slowly started to appear out of the runway.
Mike, I can confirm this. It also occurs at NAS Kingsville and NAS Meridian.

However it works fine at my NAS Oceana and NALF Fentress sceneries.
I have set the altitude of the FCLP markings to 0.01m in both cases.
Hartwig

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post by Victory103 »

Just noticed a possible issue with the FP's, had a section from VFA-113 in my airspace and noticed they were at low altitude, around 3000' MSL, and flying from KCOF to KNLC. Checked all the FP's for the package and noticed all flights are filed to fly under 10,000'. Was this planned or is there an issue with the alt. block in the FP line, ie "032" instead of "320"?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris