The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
volador
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by volador »

It shows that you are preparing something spectacular Brent!
Miguel
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Brent and I have combined our resources again, Brent taking on a large chunk of work to provide a significant update of the MAIW NAS Atsugi package to reflect current JMSDF and USN operations there, while I made the new Kawasaki P-1s that are based there. The files have now been assembled into a single zip and sent to the Download Hangar for publication.

The package was produced for FS9, but it is usable in FSX if display settings are reduced to preserve frame rates. This is because the original Atsugi object libraries are not in FSX format.

Enjoy.

Brent and John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Another spectacular project.

Thanks chaps.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I guess for click, on the USN side, is this an accurate CAG-5 with latest squadrons updates? Several changes since the release of the original.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

We are holding off on a full CVW-5 update because they are scheduled to move to Iwakuni next year.

I may be crazy, but I'm not crazy enough to do a whole carrier air wing twice in one year. :lol:

Does that mean that I'm teasing an Iwakuni 2017 update half a year or more out... That's a secret. 8)
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

John Young wrote:Brent and I have combined our resources again, Brent taking on a large chunk of work to provide a significant update of the MAIW NAS Atsugi package to reflect current JMSDF and USN operations there, while I made the new Kawasaki P-1s that are based there. The files have now been assembled into a single zip and sent to the Download Hangar for publication.

The package was produced for FS9, but it is usable in FSX if display settings are reduced to preserve frame rates. This is because the original Atsugi object libraries are not in FSX format.

Enjoy.

Brent and John
Myself and John Stinstrom had a blast producing the original NAF Atsugi package, I'm sure Brent and John Young did too with this spectacular update. Looking really good guys.

Here is the download link.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... supplement
Mark
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

I made a preliminary flight in this "new" Atsugi and looks spectacular.
I want to thank not only this but all packages created by you (MAIW past and present). For the dedication, respect, passion and magic that lead in each creation. I appreciate it so much.

Best regards
Miguel
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Looks awesome guys!

On a related note: John Young/Kevin..... I really think Nick's Hornets could benefit from an ambient occlusion layer, they look so flat compared to the models today, with that single color that they sport, that layer would do wonders for them.

We've got his source files for all the Hornet variations. Is that something we would be able to do at some point?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just a note for those that have to have every HTAI C-130 like me, the earlier paints click did from the JASDF C-130R thread are included in this current supplement. No C-130H(R)s are at DM, USA, well until other countries start buying Hercs from the boneyard again.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forums/1 ... 0R#p157985
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Mike, that's something I've often wondered about with aircraft produced with FSDS. - they often look flat. With Gmax there is a lot of control possible over the lighting, but I don't know how FSDS controls that. It certainly doesn't look a problem with the new F-16 you and Kevin are building, but I think you are using AO layers in the textures in any case.

As for the Hornets, I think the problem is numbers. I have 6 packs installed (I'm sure there are others). There are over 50 model variants and 180 textures in those 6 packs. The AO set up and render time on 50 models will be around 20 hours and the texture conversion probably the same again. It would be highly repetitive and tedious to do and mistakes will add further time when concentration drops. I would probably want to tweak the models in order to get the best AO render, but since I don't have FSDS I can't do that and conversion to Gmax via MCS will add so many problems.

I don't think it's a job I really want to take on alas.

John
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

No worries, I might have a play with it to see how the process works.

And yes we are using it on the F-16 models and it makes a noticeable difference. One layer each for single seat, two seat, single with CFT's and two seat with CFT's. Kevin layered them into the paintkit which was smart.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Great package both the P-1 and Atsugi, thanks to all involved. I have one question and hope you can point me in the right direction. While at Atsugi there was no ground communication with AI aircraft taxiing. When I selected ground, the radio was tuned to 126.200, no voice traffic with AI aircraft. When I switched to the tower also 126.200, now there was voice traffic with the tower with departing traffic. When I communicated with the ground I was given instructions to the active, however no communication with AI ground traffic. Did some looking around forum topics but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks Paul
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

My test in FSX was similar, one freq for several airports around the area with a busy Atsugi pattern. Otherwise the update with the P-1 and more lovely SH-60s looked outstanding with good FPS performance.

EDIT: Looked up the charts, 126.20 is Twr and 141.20 is Grnd (outside of flightsim freq range) at RJTA. The secondary Twr freq is UHF, along with ATIS (common at mil airbases). Since flightsim doesn't model those, many in the past just change them to the VHF range.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

1) If you are seeing Atsugi ground as 126.2, check for duplicate AFCADS that may be messing with you. Ground is 118.4 in this release.

2) The 126.2 nightmare. Almost every airport in Japan for some reason has 126.2 assigned as a tower frequency. I have been assigning different frequencies as I do the scenery to cut back the impossible tower radio traffic. The biggest offender I was hearing while testing the Atsugi supplement was coming from Shimofusa, which I have not done a project for yet... but will certainly squash its 126.2 broadcast when I do.
Albatros@RJTF
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Albatros@RJTF »

What a hard & excellent work ! Millions of thanks for all those who involved.

>> 2) The 126.2 nightmare.
In Japan, 126.2 MHz is commonly assigned frequency to every airfield TWR from JCAB. It is consistently watched but seldom used in civil ATC operation.
Nevertheless, military airfields often use this channel for civil traffic around the base, for those are not equipped with UHF transmitter.
And so is FS ATC system.

>> CVW-5 up to date
For the time being, some resources are available.
I made a modded aircraft.txt to replace what is included in MAIW NAF Atsugi Package created by Mark Campbell.
Install these files below & compile new aircraft.txt with original filesets.
1) VFA-195 (transitioned to Super Hornets)
Textures are available at flightsim.com, repaint by Aaron Haase.
http://dfs2.flightsim.com/download.php?fn=vfa195-1.zip or search vfa195-1.zip.
2) VFA-192 to VFA-115
MAIW NAS Lemoore V2 package & change parking codes from V115 to V192, ignore tail code difference.

And also, simple FPs for VAQ-141 (Growlers), VAW-115 (Hawkeyes) & VRC-30 (Greyhounds).
Used aircrafts:
3) MAIW Whidbey Island Growlers package.
4) us_navy_e-2d_vaw-115_2014.zip, available at flightsim.com, for Abacus flightdeck 5/6 model.
5) c2a_vrc_30.zip, available at AVSIM, for Abacus flightdeck 5/6 model.
Attachments
traffic_CVW-5_2016.zip
(8.7 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
EDDT-Sebi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by EDDT-Sebi »

gsnde wrote:Some findings in P3Dv31

To really use the scenery in P3D you would have to re-created the shorelines so that the airport layout makes sense.
Aside from that the performance is very well and could surely be improved by converting the FS9 scenery objects to FSX. It's a very beautiful scenery and an FSX version is surely worth the effort.

With P3D version 3.1 LM has finally fixed the age-old FSX issue that FS9 model propellers don't draw correctly in front of clouds / scenery objects. That make a whole bunch of FS9 aircraft usable again (with the slight performance penalty you would expect).

To finally have a float AI is great (may I have a Do-X and a 314 Clipper, pleaaase!!!! :mrgreen:). The Shin Meiwa is beautiful, and only needs to have the prop alpha fixed a bit.

Without fixing:

Fixed (you also see that the prop is always in front of clouds and scenery):

Hello
I search all, where is it? Which download? Please! I like it!
thanks for Ai Aircarft Shin Meiwa!

regard
Sebi
I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

EDDT-Sebi wrote:Hello
I search all, where is it?
If you are looking for the FSX/P3D version that Martin is working on, he has not released it yet.

If you are looking for the version that works with FS9, it is in the Download Hangar as USMC/JMSDF Air Station 2016

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... japan-2016
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The JASDF 2016 specials keep appearing, this one showing up at Ashiya:

There is a bit of a complication though which is vexing me:

I'm trying some tricks to cheat around this mapping, but it may just be there to stay.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The U-125A package has gone to the Download Hangar and should be available after the next update. It includes 26 paints with flight plans for the most current base assignments

BaiterOne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BaiterOne »

Hi,

I really would like to have these U-125A aircraft flying around the bases in Japan within my sim - I really would!

Unfortunately, a glitch occurs when they appear in the sim.

The aircraft goes blurry when in view and so does any surrounding scenery.

I encountered the same problem with the HT-C21A's for US bases and now unfortunately with the new P-1's for Japan as well.

Despite some recommendations on this forum previously, I had to remove all HT-C21A's from the US flight plans.

I am hoping someone who has developed the repaints for this aircraft will have some recommendations as to how to fix the problem.

Not too many simmers appear to have had the problem with the HT-C21A's, so it might be me and only me suffering here :-( .

My PC Specs are:

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.187)
3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3570K
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX Rev X.0x
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc.
8148 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (2X4096 DDR3 SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
DELL E190S Monitor
Thanks,

Walter

An FS2004 Die-Hard ...