The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Ukrainka

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Ukrainka

Post by regan123 »

Hi,

This is the Ukrainka Air Base project I mentioned earlier on. This is the first release with some rough and ready flight plans for Tu95s, three transport planes and a couple of An-2s I saw on the satellite image. I have also added some Russian elements from the RussianEquipment files on the Russian FS site. Apart from that you will need:

large hangers ss V2
lights ss v2
ga hangers ss v3
ex-terminals ss
lens ex airport buildings vol1
Generic
Default Terminals ss
RampLight Library
SIADP RampLight library
Matt's Trees libraries
ga-hangers_lib.bgl
sig hgrcpnr ss lib.bgl

and the MAIW scenery libraries. Some images below:

There are certain points where the frame rates drop a bit, particularly when there is a full set of Tu95s on the ground.

I have used the ICAO code UHBU which comes off of Scrabble as that was the only reference to one that could be found. If it's wrong, it's quite a quick job to change. Parking is available for Tu95s, Tu22s, AN12/24/26/72/74s and one IL76.

If someone fancies doing some good flight plans, that would be great.

Comments, as always, are welcome.

Enjoy!
Attachments
UHBU Ukrainka.zip
(31.67 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Ukrainka

Post by jimrodger »

Love the scenery, but I'm not getting any of the AI. Any ideas?
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Glad you like it!

Just a quick check-list...

Do you have all the aircraft installed and titled the same as in the Aircraft files? If you put the flightplans in AI Flight Planner before installing and run Aircraft -> Check for missing does it give you any errors?
If no errors, then can you recompile them and drop them into your FS2004/Scenery/World/Scenery folder?
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Everything seems to be OK.
Checked with ACA2005 with no errors.

Just checking it was nothing obvious.

Cheers

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

What AI Flight Planner say?
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

You see the comment under my signature....... DOUBLE DOH!!!!! :oops:

Everything showing up as advertised now.

However, do you or does anyone know where I can find
sig hgrcpnr ss lib.bgl

Hunted high and low with no joy.

many thanks for some much needed scenery

Jim
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

I got it with one of the Russian bases. It is on the Russian Avsim site IIRC. Have a look for the Russian equipment files for Fs2004. I think it is in the same section. Without it you will be missing three hangers by the taxiway to the remote parking area.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Found it, many, many thanks

Jim
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

No problem. Glad you like it. Any thoughts on the next CIS base?
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by zsoltfireman »

Hello,

I found a good Fulcrum package! The AVSIM website in as: aimg29ukraf.zip
This will be good!
More Mil Mi helicopter flight plan should be!

Regards,

Zsolt
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Hi,

Believe I've got it all sorted out now, just a couple of quick questions...
Just started using ADE after using AFX for ages, so its still a bit of a mystery.

When I open up the bgl in ADE the three bits shown in the pics below are in black, which I believe means the libraries are not there in the Library Object Manager.

Any idea which libraries they would be in, I'm a bit of an OCD in wanting things spot on, and would love to get my black bits cleared up.

Sorry to be a pest, just like it AOKAY :oops:

Always liked the look of Belaya (UIIB), in the Irkutsk Oblast.
recent Google Earth images as well

There's always Petropavlovsk (UHPP) which seems to have slipped through like Ukrainka.

*******Edit********

Found the hangers and the barrels, but I'm having no joy with the fuel tanks....... :(

Many thanks

Jim
Last edited by jimrodger on 25 Sep 2010, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

The hangers and tanks are in the MAIW standard scenery libraries. If you add them, that will deal with that. IIRC the barrels are in the ga hangers library (I'm away from my FS machine at the moment, so am doing this from memory).

Will look at those bases as well, but will probably do the one, where nothing yet exists for it..

@Zsolt - I'll be doing some more flightplans as well as this. Are there any repaints for the Russian helicopters - the models in the Czech package are quite good...

PS. Actually I might do some flying once in a while!
steve63
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by steve63 »

I think that Ussuriysk - Vozdvizhenka (UHWV) would be a good one to do as
it is a base for the Tu22M and SU27. This gives it a nice mix of fighter
and bomber operations. Kursk - Khalino (UUOK) would be another one with it's
large force of Mig29s. SBAI's Mig29 modle would look sweet there.

GOOGLE EARTH

Ussuriysk - Vozdvizhenka (UHWV)
43° 54' 12.24" N 131° 55' 32.88" E

Kursk - Khalino (UUOK)
51° 45' 04.00" N 036° 17' 47.00" E
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks for the suggestions Steve. I already have something in my scenery for those ICAO codes, but I will put them on the list. Steve - you might have some knowledge on this. I am trying to find what are the actual Tu95 bases at the moment and roughly what sectors do they patrol so that I can do some flightplans. The DSAI Tu95 does work with MAIW style waypoints, so I intend to send them out over the North Pole, down the East Coast and over to the North Sea on patrol if possible, but I'd like to make sure all the bases are available either from me or on an existing site (and of decent quality).

@Jim, I've just checked my source file. Make sure you have MAIW ABO & MAIW Weapons installed into your Library Object Manager in ADE9 and you should find them.
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

A little info.

Engels-2 (UWSG)
121 Gv TBAP Tu-95MS
6213 BKhUAT Tu-95

Ryazan-Dyagilevo (UUBD)
360 ARZ Tu-95
49 ITBAP Tu-95MS, Tu-95KU

Kipelovo-Fedotovo (ULWF)
76 OPLAP DD Tu-142M, Tu-142MR, Tu-142MZ

Ostrov (ULOS)
240 Gv IISAP Tu-142

Dolon
1223 GV Tu-95
1226 GV Tu-95MS

Uzin
1006 TBAP Tu-95MS

Semipalitinsk
1223 TBAP Tu-95MS
1226 TBAP Tu-95M
steve63
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by steve63 »

regan123

According to Combat Aircraft June 2010 issue the Russian Air Force is under going a massive down sizing right now. More than two dozen Air bases are
in the process of shutting down or will be shut down in the near future. All Bomber unites ( TU95, TU142,TU22M3 AND TU160) will be based at 4 bases.

Shatalovo (UUBV)
54° 20' N 032° 28' E

Engels (UWSG)
51° 17' 00.24" N 046° 13' 28.92" E

Irkutskaya - Belaya (UIIB)
52° 55' 36.12" N 103° 33' 43.20" E

Ukrainka - Seryshevo (UHBU)
51° 10' N 128° 27' E

Also a training unit.of 4 TU95 and 4 TU22m will be based at

Ryazan - Dyagilevo (UUBD)
54° 38' 45.96" N 039° 34' 28.20" E

The naval Aviation bomber unites are losing their cruise missile capable units and
a total of about 40 TU22m3 built in the first half of the 1980s are being decommissioned. The article did not say which units and how many aircraft are going to which bases with any clarity,although all it did say all TU 160 will stay at Engels.

As for operations your guess is as good as mine. The military has been very hard up for funds for training and running operations. I know that TU95 patrols to Cuba have resumed and they have started probing Canada's northern boarders again which the Federal Government of Canada is using to scare the public so that they can get support to buy the F35 to replace it's ageing Hornets, but that's another story.

The list from scottr5213 looks like it might be from the Soviet Union as I believe Uzin is near Kiev Ukraine and Dolon is in Kazakhstan. I might be wrong about that and if I am I apologize to scottr5213

If I find any more info I will post it here.
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

Found a good location for Engels Air Force Base 51°26'N 46°07'E , most sites place it in the wrong location.
Attachments
engles.jpg
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks for all the info guys. I was shocked when I was reading last night at the kind of shrinkage the Air Force is going through. Reminds me of the post Cold War RAF cuts. Engels is a base without any decent scenery so I will go for that next and try and do some Tu160 plans. Now if I can work out where they have a practice range etc.

I know it is in Russian (so Google Translate is a must), but this is the Russian bases list (wiki caveats as usual):

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0% ... 0%B8%D0%B8
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

Engles has your Tu-95 and Tu-160, the list I did before only listed Tu-95's figured thats what you were doing I can do a list of all long range bomber bases.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

scottr5213 wrote:Engles has your Tu-95 and Tu-160, the list I did before only listed Tu-95's figured thats what you were doing I can do a list of all long range bomber bases.
I am doing the Tu-95s, though if I can throw in a Tu-160 set at the same time, I don't expect there would be too many complaints :-)

Though I would be happy to do all of the long range bombers. I did think about doing a full An-12/24/26/72 etc plan. I fear I might go mad working those out... And then there is the IL76 fleet, helicopters...